A 1440p 25 inch monitor have issues with scaling?

VirtualBlack

I want to buy a 1440p monitor, I have in mind the ASUS PB258Q but I want to know if due to the size and resolution will have problems with scaling of the UI like icons and text 

I have seen in other forums people complaining that everything looks very small on 1440p 25-inch monitors, is this true? 

Could someone who had use one tell me is there are problems with scaling? 

I am personally using a 4K display at 27". Your situation would be 117 DPI, my situation is 163DPI. That means in theory if there are scaling issues, I would have them worse, you would have them less.

Just giving some context before saying anything else.

I find that nowadays - not including some obscure programs - most stuff just works in Windows. I have my scaling set at 100% (instead of the 150% 'recommended') and the reason I have that is because my video editing programs of choice (Davinci Resolve) made everything way too big in anything over 100% scaling. But the 100% scaling is no issue IMO. Sure, the task bar is a bit smaller.. But other than that I don't notice much. 

Windows applications scale 'logically'  (e.g. it's a bit smaller than on a lower res panel, but also sharp and still totally readable) and most other applications work well too.

The only issues I have run into are:

- some work application is 'pixel-based size'. e.g. it's always like 600 pixels wide, which on my screen is rather small. This program is super old and I doubt anyone else in the world uses a program this age

- The video editing program thing.. Which now doesn't matter since I got used to 100% scaling

- With the 100% scaling, Google Chrome can see that too. Meaning a 100% zoom in Chrome, is a small webpage. For example on this website, I am now viewing at 150%, while on my 15.6" 1080p laptop panel I am viewing it at 80%. Of course it is no issue zooming in.. But you have to do that for all websites - some appear to be just annoying with zoomed in pages (defaulting to 'tablet design' for example). I don't think that is a huge issue anymore. If i weren't so lazy I could just set a default for example 140% zoom in Chrome and be done with it.

- This issue goes kind of together with the one above, but Chrome remembers your zoom level on your PC. Which in theory makes sense, you go into a different YouTube tab, you don't want it to forget your zoom! Buuuut... If you use multiple monitors, with different resolutions and sizes.. That can be an issue. I have three monitors, but only two are relevant here. My 27" 4K and 24" 1080p. The 27" is my main display, the 24" my YouTube display. I have YouTube at 90% zoom on this second monitor, which means if I go to YouTube on my main display it is quite small (90% zoom, while something like 140% would be comfortable). I could simply zoom in on my 27"... But that also zooms in on the 24".. That's such a minor thing though, I have gotten used to just using YouTube at a smaller size the rare times I do use it on my main display.

But all those issues can be seen as nit-picks, minor flaws, not deal breakers. 25" 1440p will look hella sharp.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

50 minutes ago, super88 said:

I want to buy a 1440p monitor, I have in mind the ASUS PB258Q but I want to know if due to the size and resolution will have problems with scaling of the UI like icons and text 

I have seen in other forums people complaining that everything looks very small on 1440p 25-inch monitors, is this true? 

Could someone who had use one tell me is there are problems with scaling? 

I use a 24 inch 1440p monitor and I have scaling set to 100%. Never had any issues 4k is normally the point of getting issues. Or if you have terrible eyesight for the distance from your monitor.