CPU FAN ERROR! HELP :(

xxRainzeroxx
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
5 minutes ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

How do i turn off the CPU FAN ERROR?

During boot, press the Delete key to enter the motherboard settings. Press F7 to enter Advanced Mode. The Wait for F1 Error option is under the Boot tab. Disable it and press F10 to save settings.

3 minutes ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

My CPU temperature is 82F, my motherboard temperature is 82F, and PCH Temperature is 95F. Is that even normal?

My computer is pretty loud for no reason.

Yes, that's normal. We usually use Celsius though.

If your system is noisy, check to see where the noise is coming from. What rpm are your fans running at?

Please use the Edit button to add in info instead of making multiple posts -- posts merged.

It means that the fan rpm is detected at 0rpm, low rpm, or there isn't a fan being detected in the cpu_fan header. 

Check to see if your fans are spinning.

If you're not using a fan in that header, you can either plug a fan there or disable the warning. 

If your temps are fine, there's no need to worry.

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It means that the fan rpm is detected at 0rpm, low rpm, or there isn't a fan being detected in the cpu_fan header. 

If you're not using a fan in that header, you can either plug a fan there or disable the warning. 

Moved to Air Cooling.

I've the Kraken x62. This is from the AIO Power cables, i don't know where does these connect too. Maybe this is the cause of the error?

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-15 at 4.06.45 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-15 at 4.08.00 AM.jpeg

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Moved to Air Cooling.

All of my fans are working properly. The case fan and also the radiator fans as well.

I've the Kraken x62. This is from the AIO Power cables, i don't know where does these connect too. Maybe this is the cause of the error?

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-15 at 4.06.45 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-15 at 4.08.00 AM.jpeg

In that case it's safe to ignore that warning, the cooler is taking power externally.

Go into UEFI and find the hardware monitor section, find CPU FAN Speed and disable the warning.

As suggested though make sure your temps are good using something like HWMonitor.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

There's a fan header on the motherboard labelled cpu_fan1. Check to see if there's any fan  or pump plugged into it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's a fan header on the motherboard labelled cpu_fan1. Check to see if there's any fan  or pump plugged into it.

No, There is nothing plugged there. The power cable from the AIO is connected to AIO PUMP header.

Just now, xxRainzeroxx said:

No, There is nothing plugged there. The power cable from the AIO is connected to AIO PUMP header.

That's why you see the error message. There's no fan detected. 

You can either plug a fan or pump into that header or disable the F1 error message in the motherboard settings.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's why you see the error message. There's no fan detected. 

You can either plug a fan or pump into that header or disable the F1 error message in the motherboard settings.

Is it necessary to plug something there, because I plug in the power cables where it says AIO Pump. 

Is it necessary to plug something there, because I plug in the power cables where it says AIO Pump. 

No, it's not necessary. The fan headers are essentially the same and just labelled or convenience.

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, it's not necessary. The fan headers are essentially the same and just labelled or convenience.

My CPU temperature is 82F, my motherboard temperature is 82F, and PCH Temperature is 95F. Is that even normal?

During boot, press the Delete key to enter the motherboard settings. Press F7 to enter Advanced Mode. The Wait for F1 Error option is under the Boot tab. Disable it and press F10 to save settings.

3 minutes ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

If your system is noisy, check to see where the noise is coming from. What rpm are your fans running at?

Please use the Edit button to add in info instead of making multiple posts -- posts merged.

I cant find the setting. :/. Ive enter the BIOS and hit the f7 key and the options for disable is not there.

I cant find the setting. :/

What do you currently see?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What do you currently see?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I see System information, CPU Temperature, CPU Voltage, AI OVERCLOCKING, DRAM STATUS STORAGE INFORMATION BOOT PRIORITY, FAN Profile,X.M.P, Interl Rapid storage technology CPU Fan 100%, QFan Control, Boot menu f8. All in one tab

I see System information, CPU Temperature, CPU Voltage, AI OVERCLOCKING, DRAM STATUS STORAGE INFORMATION BOOT PRIORITY, FAN Profile,X.M.P, Interl Rapid storage technology CPU Fan 100%, QFan Control, Boot menu f8. All in one tab

You gotta press F7 to enter Advanced Mode.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You gotta press F7 to enter Advanced Mode.

Ok, I am under the Boot Tab. What i See is Boot Configuration, CSM, Secure boot,  and AMI native NVMe Driver Support

2 minutes ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

Ok, I am under the Boot Tab. What i See is Boot Configuration, CSM, Secure boot,  and AMI native NVMe Driver Support

It's under Boot Configuration.

I'd recommend getting used to just looking through the settings and being a little more familiar with them. There aren't that many and they tend to be very similar across different motherboards.

Edited by WoodenMarker

1 minute ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

Why not just plug it into th CPU fan header instead of the aio pump. Problem fixed right? No need for changing settings in bios 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, xxRainzeroxx said:

?

I edited the post. There's a scroll bar and people tend to miss that. It was just under the first option though. 

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's under Boot Configuration.

I'd recommend getting used to just looking through the settings and being a little more familiar with them. There aren't that many and they tend to be very similar across different motherboards.

Thank You so much i found it :). You're such a great help! Now to install Windows !!!!! See you in Game boies!

20 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

CHA2 Fan 700RPM, CHA1 fan 1039RPM, CPU FAN 1247 RPM. It is pretty noisy.

CHA2 Fan 700RPM, CHA1 fan 1039RPM, CPU FAN 1247 RPM. It is pretty noisy.

You could try lowering the rpm and seeing if that makes any difference. 

If it's a humming noise, it could also be either the pump or the hdd resonating with the case. Can you feel vibrations when touching the case? 

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You could try lowering the rpm and seeing if that makes any difference. 

If it's a humming noise, it could also be either the pump or the hdd resonating with the case. Can you feel vibrations when touching the case? 

How do i change the RPM. No, i secure both of them properly.