The Silver Arrow: The Start

Viper101

Hi Everyone, 

This is a log for my "Silver Arrow". So named because I've been into Formula One Racing recently (Please don't talk to me about the recent Canadian GP :( ). I've had an i7-4770 lying around with an MSI Motherboard (Z87 I believe), and recently picked up a case for $5 (with some other goodies). 

The case is an older Lian Li that I plan to paint Silver (gotta figure out which kind to use). The case included an older Corsair HX 750W PSU (80+ Silver), and a 256 Crucial SSD. 

The GPU is an R7 260x that I've been trying to sell, and is by no means a permanent solution. I'm hoping to save up for a used 1070 Ti or new 1660 Ti (leaning to 1070 Ti). Interesting side-note, Ferrari is actually sponsored by AMD, so having an AMD GPU in an homage to Mercedes-Petronas is kinda sacrilege. 

So, this is not this machines final form. I'm looking for a K sku i5 or i7, since this is a board that will allow me to overclock I might as well take advantage of it. 

Since I've only got a stock intel "cooler", I will be in the market for a new one. I am leaning towards the V8 themed cooler master one, because vroom. 

GPU, as mentioned is going to likely be a 1070 Ti, depending on price. 

Might think about swapping the PSU, just because I've always heard people caution the use of used PSUs. 

SSD is staying, all I'm going to add is a large spinning drive for mass storage. 

Yeah. That's basically it. I'm excited to start on this machine, and hope you all enjoy my journey. 

Pictures I've already got will be posted right after making this. 

Some of the initial pictures of the case and items that came with it. 

Of course the motherboard too, but that was bought separately. 

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

7 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Considering Microsoft is a sponor of Mclaren, you might have to run Linux instead of Windows ;D.

Oof. 

Maybe I should rethink the silver and go with orange... ?