Computer sometimes freezes or resets, and audio goes absolutely garbled

NunoLava1998

Sometimes recently, my computer either freezes and plays completely garbled audio, or it freezes and plays garbled audio for a split second then it resets. The fuck?

I actually did get a recording of the garbled audio: My recording 6.mp3

Pressing the reset button works, so it doesn't seem like the CPU is bad or not making contact. Not sure though. I am using the headphone port on my case, which obviously connects to my motherboard.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

It also only seems to happen when the system is under load. Also, my GPU OC for mining was gone (probably not GPU drivers though since I don't use GPU audio).

I'm can't watch the audio now, but I suggest reinstalling Windows. I had the same freezes, audio/video glitches etc.. during normal desktop use. When gaming, I had no issues suprisingly. Reinstalling Windows for a third time fixed it for me, though I had to get network drivers on a USB stick drive...

1st installation: missing GPU drivers caused my monitor to go black and use on-board VGA port... I would have to do stuff in BIOS and unplug the GPU (too much work, so I formatted the SSD drive and reinstalled again)

2nd attempt: random freezes and audio glitches on desktop

3rd attempt: works great!

1 minute ago, Fr4nt1s3k said:

I'm can't watch the audio now, but I suggest reinstalling Windows. I had the same freezes, audio/video glitches etc.. during normal desktop use. When gaming, I had no issues suprisingly. Reinstalling Windows for a third time fixed it for me, though I had to get network drivers on a USB stick drive...

1st installation: missing GPU drivers caused my monitor to go black and use on-board VGA port... I would have to do stuff in BIOS and unplug the GPU (too much work, so I formatted the SSD drive and reinstalled again)

2nd attempt: random freezes and audio glitches on desktop

3rd attempt: works great!

There were no graphical glitches, and the audio definitely isn't some kind of buzzing or white noise. It's like pulsing incredibly fast but not fast enough for it to be noise. It seems to only do that when I'm mining (aka loading the CPU and GPU; probably the same while gaming).