New build appears to freeze when attempting OS install

I am attempting my first ever PC build. I have definitely learnt a lot and I am now up to installing an OS.

I purchased a Windows 10 USB (rookie mistake, I know) and when I begin the installation process, literally after BIOS, the screen appears to freeze. I can navigate through BIOS just fine but I cannot get past Windows Setup as shown.

So the mouse will just not move and attempting to navigate using the keyboard does not work.

I have my hdmi connected to the gpu, the gpu is all lit up and the fans do move. I have turned off integrated graphics but also tried with them on and plugged into the mobo, the same issue occurs. I have tried changing the usb slots of my mouse and keyboard.

Specs:

• CPU - i7 9700k
  • MOBO - Gigabyte Aorus z390 pro wifi
  • GPU - 2080 MSI Gaming X Trio
  • RAM - trident Z 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
  • PSU - EVGA 850W 80+Gold

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

20190614_114543-min.jpg

First thing you should do (and it will require a working PC) is download the latest Windows build using the Media Creation Tool and update the flash drive to the latest build.

Second, download the latest version of the UEFI BIOS from Gigabyte and update it.

Then try installing again and see if the issue remains.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 12:41 PM, Master Disaster said:

First thing you should do (and it will require a working PC) is download the latest Windows build using the Media Creation Tool and update the flash drive to the latest build.

Second, download the latest version of the UEFI BIOS from Gigabyte and update it.

Then try installing again and see if the issue remains.

Hi! This worked great, my naivety truly showed here as I assumed my mobo would contain the most recent update or at least not one from December. Hopefully my next build will go a lot smoother!

13 minutes ago, ryanJa said:

Hi! This worked great, my naivety truly showed here as I assumed my mobo would contain the most recent update or at least not one from December. Hopefully my next build will go a lot smoother!

Everyone has to learn, there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

Glad it's working.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)