Mobile Videography

So, I want to create a semi-professional video with my phone for experimental purposes. What tips do you have for me to get the best out of my shots? I have an iPhone 8.

36 minutes ago, ZFGeek said:

with my phone for experimental purposes

Experiment. I'm by not means a photographer, but I like to think I'm always getting better. The best thing to do is just experiment, and see what works and what doesn't. Learning from experience is, in my opinion, the best way to learn. Tips can be helpful, but I find experience sticks with you better.

Also just look on Google. There are hundreds of articles regarding how to take the best photos with your iPhone, so if you really want some advice that might be a good place to start.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

32 minutes ago, ZFGeek said:

So, I want to create a semi-professional video with my phone for experimental purposes. What tips do you have for me to get the best out of my shots? I have an iPhone 8.

"How to do good video" is a monumentally deep subject, but some key points might be:

Control your camera: use a tripod, gimbal, or other relevant solution to remove movement that will degrade your image and interrupt your story.

Control the light: this is especially important when shooting on something like a phone. Make sure your subject is well lit and that the background does not distract from your subject. Without knowing more about what you're filming it is difficult to give specific advice on how to achieve this.

Control your sound: people can forgive meh visuals but bad sound will ruin everything it touches. Use the appropriate combination of microphones, recorders, and audio devices to cut ambient noise, capture the sound from your subject, and deliver a clean sound design in your final export.

6 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

"How to do good video" is a monumentally deep subject, but some key points might be:

Control your camera: use a tripod, gimbal, or other relevant solution to remove movement that will degrade your image and interrupt your story.

Control the light: this is especially important when shooting on something like a phone. Make sure your subject is well lit and that the background does not distract from your subject. Without knowing more about what you're filming it is difficult to give specific advice on how to achieve this.

Control your sound: people can forgive meh visuals but bad sound will ruin everything it touches. Use the appropriate combination of microphones, recorders, and audio devices to cut ambient noise, capture the sound from your subject, and deliver a clean sound design in your final export.

What's said above is defenetly the best advice however, when you get the hang of that it's never a bad idea to see how far you could push the color grade...

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic