EVGA GTX 1070 SC Dead Card, Power the PC for one millisecond and goes off

TheWutofWat

Hi

I have bought an EVGA GTX 1070 SC from an auction house NO NOT eBay!! 

When I go and install in into my PC, the power turns on for a millisecond and then goes off, I have tried two different cables and still no go.

I am not sure why this is happening tho the PC works fine with my old GPU, GTX 1060 SSC, please do help me.

I would have talked to EVGA, tho the S/N number sticker is not there. This is the best place that I can get help from.

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 1600

MSI PC MATE B350

Corsair 16GB DDR4 LED RAM @ 3000Mhz

Cooler Master Master Watt 500W Lite

Let me know if you need any more information.

FYI, the card was shipped tho it was NOT packaged well so it maybe damaged in shipping, can't do anything about it tho... going to try and see if there is something that can be done with this...

7 minutes ago, Thefireofwar11 said:

Hi

I have bought an EVGA GTX 1070 SC from an auction house NO NOT eBay!! 

When I go and install in into my PC, the power turns on for a millisecond and then goes off, I have tried two different cables and still no go.

I am not sure why this is happening tho the PC works fine with my old GPU, GTX 1060 SSC, please do help me.

I would have talked to EVGA, tho the S/N number sticker is not there. This is the best place that I can get help from.

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 1600

MSI PC MATE B350

Corsair 16GB DDR4 LED RAM @ 3000Mhz

Cooler Master Master Watt 500W Lite

Let me know if you need any more information.

FYI, the card was shipped tho it was NOT packaged well so it maybe damaged in shipping, can't do anything about it tho... going to try and see if there is something that can be done with this...

Maybe email EVGA about your situation? They are known to have very good customer service, they might just replace the card for free or something

Three things concern me here:
1. Auction house. Is the card new or used? If it's listed as new, I've a strong feeling you've been had. If it was listed as used, was it listed as functioning? (if so, you've likely been had).

2. No serial number concerns me that it's a fake card, or was known to be defective and the warranty was voided due to user error, resulting in the previous user removing the sticker.

3. it not being packaged well, concerns me that your seller knew it wasn't going to work anyway. If it arrived poorly packaged, the shipper must have known that they would be liable for any damages as a result.

The only things left to try are reseating the card, trying different PCIe slots, different PCIe power cables (the first two of which I'm going to assume you've done) and trying the card in a different rig.

Because of this, my only recommendation is going to be that you seek a return on the card if possible, assuming the listing didn't have it listed as arriving DOA.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

12 minutes ago, Semper said:

-snip-

Well to answer your questions...

1. the card didn't have a "condition" on the page, so not sure of its used or new... tho the condition of the card when received was "used" and was damaged while shipping, dents and bents too.

2.not sure how to answer this one, tho the auction house do sell "returned items, ex-display and such"...

3. I have tried a different PCI-E slots as well as cables still no go, can't really try a different rig cuz I don't have any other PC nor do I know someone who can help me with this...

I am have already sent emails to the auction house, going to see if they would respond and sort things out.

Document the way that the card arrived with pictures (packaging, packing material, packaging damage, product damage, evidence of the new card not working, whilst your "old" card does, ETC) if still possible. If you can obtain an original source for the listing at the time of purchase, do that as well. Screenshots in addition to any potential archived/permalink links will help as well.

I can't come up with a reason why the card wouldn't be compatible with your current setup, or why any issues I can come up with would cause an immediate shutdown like it is other than the GPU is simply dead.

You can try contacting EVGA about the issue like @_d0nut suggested, they do have phenomenal support, but I don't know if you can push their limits far enough for them to cover a card that has no serial number.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

So some update on the situation, I have emaildd EVGA support and thyley asked for pictures of the card. Sent them the pictures and because of the sticker is not there, the warranty is voided... So the only thing to do now is wait for the auction house to respond to my emails and see if I can sort things out. 

Thanks all for the help, and if u guys have any other suggestions please do let me know, I am all ears :)

16 hours ago, Thefireofwar11 said:

So some update on the situation, I have emaildd EVGA support and thyley asked for pictures of the card. Sent them the pictures and because of the sticker is not there, the warranty is voided... So the only thing to do now is wait for the auction house to respond to my emails and see if I can sort things out. 

Thanks all for the help, and if u guys have any other suggestions please do let me know, I am all ears :)

The only thing really left for us to do is wish you luck on finding some agreement with the auction house you purchased it from. Everything i'm seeing points to a known faulty and/or fraudulent card that was never intended to ship to you in a functioning state