Asus PG35VQ Price and releasedate in Norway

AndersT2
28 minutes ago, Knight77 said:

Again,

I don’t see the point or problem. 

Many business is going to look at price and units it can sell. 

Cars can cost £7,000 brand new. 

Cars can cost £1.2m or more brand new. 

The high end does not stop the low end being a thing. 

And the mid-range is where most will likely settle. 

Plus, the used market can actually offer some very good deals, especially on high end tech items. 

So of course a ONE OF A KIND monitor is going to be priced high. 

The problem is, who else is going to challenge them?

Its 2019 and we still have 2K as the norm - you know I bought my first 2K monitor back in 2007 for £1,200, it was a Professional Grade Dell monitor. 

Yet 12 years later and a graphics card still can’t always drive a 4K at a steady 60FPS. 

Also, DisplayPort 1.5 - where is it? 

Progression in tech is really slow. 

This is a worlds first monitor with literally the best specs you can get today when it comes to UltraWides. 

If the price is off-putting then clearly it’s not something that’s in your budget and that’s understandable. 

But many can afford it and will buy it. 

This will help cover the cost of development and eventually new models will be brought out and the previous ones discounted. 

But the whole industry when it comes to PC components is slow moving. 

You are missing the point ENTIRELY... this has absolutely nothing to do with being able to afford something or not, nor does it have anything to do with the price of cars, mid-range, high-range etc. You are just far too entrenched in the 'I WANT' mindset to understand... you can't see the forest for the trees.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

23 hours ago, atomicus said:

You are missing the point ENTIRELY... this has absolutely nothing to do with being able to afford something or not, nor does it have anything to do with the price of cars, mid-range, high-range etc. You are just far too entrenched in the 'I WANT' mindset to understand... you can't see the forest for the trees.

You presume there is a problem with the “I want” ?

Thats pretty much everything in life. 

You can want and be able to get,

Want and not be able to get. 

Va slow response times makes the high refresh pointless with all the smearing.

7 hours ago, Knight77 said:

You presume there is a problem with the “I want” ?

Thats pretty much everything in life. 

You can want and be able to get,

Want and not be able to get. 

Lol, you're precisely proving my point. 

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

2 hours ago, atomicus said:

Lol, you're precisely proving my point. 

You have no point,

which is what I’m indeed proving. 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Knight77 said:

Good news, I’ll be picking one up in the UK. 

Are you considering Acer X35, which will be available soon as well (and a bit cheaper, probably)?

8 hours ago, tarsius said:

Are you considering Acer X35, which will be available soon as well (and a bit cheaper, probably)?

The ASUS style fits into my setup a lot better. 

I also have a PG27UQ so will carry on with that trend. 

I’m sure the ACER will be slightly cheaper and there is an even cheaper AOC Agon version as well.  

10 hours ago, Knight77 said:

You have no point,

which is what I’m indeed proving. 

Mmmm... my point being that people have an overriding want for things, and your response is that "I want" is everything in life. Yeah, you've totally proved me wrong lol! :D

5 hours ago, atomicus said:

Mmmm... my point being that people have an overriding want for things, and your response is that "I want" is everything in life. Yeah, you've totally proved me wrong lol! :D

I have a point that people have an overriding need for water and food. 

So what?

1 minute ago, Knight77 said:

I have a point that people have an overriding need for water and food. 

So what?

First off, that's not a point... it's fact. You'd die without food and water. Second, you're comparing things essential to life with material things? Lol, OK. :D

3 hours ago, atomicus said:

First off, that's not a point... it's fact. You'd die without food and water. Second, you're comparing things essential to life with material things? Lol, OK. :D

People wanting is fact. 

Whether it’s necessity or not. 

I didn’t originally say “I want” is directly to material things. It’s life in general. 

Which is what you agree with and hence you don’t actually have a point when it’s fact that people will want. 

So again,

Let’s go full circle -

Someone wants something and if they have the means to get it, then how is that your business?

It’s just a monitor. 

Your life isn’t going to change if a few people go and buy it. 

32 minutes ago, Knight77 said:

People wanting is fact. 

Whether it’s necessity or not. 

I didn’t originally say “I want” is directly to material things. It’s life in general. 

Which is what you agree with and hence you don’t actually have a point when it’s fact that people will want. 

So again,

Let’s go full circle -

Someone wants something and if they have the means to get it, then how is that your business?

It’s just a monitor. 

Your life isn’t going to change if a few people go and buy it. 

I never said people wanting things isn't a fact... quite the opposite actually, but you've never once really grasped what I said. I said that this 'want' is all many people think about, at the expense of everything else. The 'want' overrides all reason and other thought processes, which for many people it really does. Much of what you've said only reinforces this point... yet somehow, bizarrely, you seem to think I don't even have one. It's very peculiar.

Whether someone can afford something or not, and what business that is of mine, isn't remotely relevant to anything I've said, it never has been. And you simply saying "people want things" is, well, obvious... because it's exactly what I originally said. Furthermore, I am speaking SPECIFICALLY to things which aren't a necessity, which I thought would also be obvious.

If you honestly think there isn't an impact here though, you are quite wrong. What exactly do you think would happen if no one bought this monitor because they felt it was priced too high?

19 hours ago, atomicus said:

What exactly do you think would happen if no one bought this monitor because they felt it was priced too high?

Then innovation and progress would slow down, massively. 

Technology relies on the first movers, the ones that buy first. 

Because it clearly hasn’t been easy to deliver such a product. 

Research, prototypes and development cost money. 

That’s why this monitor is so expensive. 

If no one bought it, would anyone try an hit such high specs?

Your reasoning and thinking is narrow minded and you fail to comprehend this. 

This monitor doesn’t stop cheaper alternatives being available. 

This monitor used or in a few years will be available at a big discount. Competition will drive prices down. 

To say YOU think the price is high and no one should buy it is just jealously and selfishness. 

Look at any tech, 4K TVs. 

Sky high prices at debut and launch. 

Now very affordable. 

11 minutes ago, Knight77 said:

Then innovation and progress would slow down, massively. 

Technology relies on the first movers, the ones that buy first. 

Because it clearly hasn’t been easy to deliver such a product. 

Research, prototypes and development cost money. 

That’s why this monitor is so expensive. 

If no one bought it, would anyone try an hit such high specs?

Your reasoning and thinking is narrow minded and you fail to comprehend this. 

This monitor doesn’t stop cheaper alternatives being available. 

This monitor used or in a few years will be available at a big discount. Competition will drive prices down. 

Wrong, wrong and wrong. That's genuinely hilarious. The 27" 4K 144Hz monitors dropped significantly in price (by nearly 40%) when they didn't sell as well as hoped, and there was zero competition to cause this. Did innovation stop? Of course not. The profit margins on these high end monitors is insane. There is no tech here that justifies the price tag, and look at the reviews... blooming is a problem with FALD on, input lag isn't great and there's the typical VA ghosting. It's an imperfect niche monitor for those who WANT to be on the bleeding edge, but intrinsically, it's not worth the price... and that has nothing to do with its worth to an individual, because you can take that position with absolutely anything, to the point of absurdity.

2 hours ago, atomicus said:

Wrong, wrong and wrong. That's genuinely hilarious. The 27" 4K 144Hz monitors dropped significantly in price (by nearly 40%) when they didn't sell as well as hoped, and there was zero competition to cause this. Did innovation stop? Of course not. The profit margins on these high end monitors is insane. There is no tech here that justifies the price tag, and look at the reviews... blooming is a problem with FALD on, input lag isn't great and there's the typical VA ghosting. It's an imperfect niche monitor for those who WANT to be on the bleeding edge, but intrinsically, it's not worth the price... and that has nothing to do with its worth to an individual, because you can take that position with absolutely anything, to the point of absurdity.

Wrong?

Its literally how the tech industry and many other industries work. 

Bleeding edge tech has a high price tag. 

Features filter down to mid range and low range. 

Then something else comes along as bleed edge. 

The monitor itself is excellent. 

Show me one monitor that is 100% flawless. 

They don’t exist. 

40% discount?

Really?

Last time I checked, they are still roughly the same price as launch - and that was a few seconds ago. 

Unless you can show me a retailer offering 40% off. 

I just can’t understand your position,

You don’t realise how business works, how innovation works, how pricing for these “first ever” products work. 

These products aren’t free to make - a two year delay would have cost money and time into ironing out the product to make it viable to produce and sell. 

It literally has the specs to back up it’s price tag. 

I think it’s more of a you can’t get it so why should someone else pay a price YOU think is “too much”. 

Ive already gone through this, nothing you buy is worth it’s price because everything has a profit margin - you are constantly paying for things outside their value. 

Anyway, if people want to buy and play for it then so be it. 

ASUS know the price to sales and if they wanted to sell more, they would have a lower price - if possible. 

But again, you don’t understand business, pricing strategy and how these things work. 

No company is making a monitor for the love of humanity. 

4 minutes ago, Knight77 said:

Wrong?

Its literally how the tech industry and many other industries work. 

Bleeding edge tech has a high price tag. 

Features filter down to mid range and low range. 

Then something else comes along as bleed edge. 

The monitor itself is excellent. 

Show me one monitor that is 100% flawless. 

They don’t exist. 

40% discount?

Really?

Last time I checked, they are still roughly the same price as launch - and that was a few seconds ago. 

Unless you can show me a retailer offering 40% off. 

I just can’t understand your position,

You don’t realise how business works, how innovation works, how pricing for these “first ever” products work. 

These products aren’t free to make - a two year delay would have cost money and time into ironing out the product to make it viable to produce and sell. 

It literally has the specs to back up it’s price tag. 

I think it’s more of a you can’t get it so why should someone else pay a price YOU think is “too much”. 

Ive already gone through this, nothing you buy is worth it’s price because everything has a profit margin - you are constantly paying for things outside their value. 

Anyway, if people want to buy and play for it then so be it. 

ASUS know the price to sales and if they wanted to sell more, they would have a lower price - if possible. 

But again, you don’t understand business, pricing strategy and how these things work. 

No company is making a monitor for the love of humanity. 

You're going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic from my original point which has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with business practices or the monitor industry.

1 hour ago, atomicus said:

You're going wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic from my original point which has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with business practices or the monitor industry.

Off topic?

Monitor is released, people buy it, then so be it. 

You need to just move on, not judge anyone else and not think your opinion is fact. 

If ASUS sold a million of these monitors, it doesn’t harm you in any way. 

If ASUS sells none of these monitors, it doesn’t harm you in anyway. 

1 hour ago, Knight77 said:

Off topic?

Monitor is released, people buy it, then so be it. 

You need to just move on, not judge anyone else and not think your opinion is fact. 

If ASUS sold a million of these monitors, it doesn’t harm you in any way. 

If ASUS sells none of these monitors, it doesn’t harm you in anyway. 

Again, like I said before, this has nothing to do with judging anyone. I'm not sure why you're so persistent on that point, and I fail to see what you're struggling to comprehend. This is a widely discussed topic... mass consumerism, our 'want' for things... and it's very much a modern phenomena. The overarching idea in our modern society that in order to be happier, better and more successful people, we have to have more stuff... better stuff, a never-ending cycle... and that's ultimately what the logic of consumerism dictates... it wouldn't work otherwise, obviously! 

If you don't want to accept any of this, that's your choice, but it doesn't change the facts. 

12 hours ago, atomicus said:

Again, like I said before, this has nothing to do with judging anyone. I'm not sure why you're so persistent on that point, and I fail to see what you're struggling to comprehend. This is a widely discussed topic... mass consumerism, our 'want' for things... and it's very much a modern phenomena. The overarching idea in our modern society that in order to be happier, better and more successful people, we have to have more stuff... better stuff, a never-ending cycle... and that's ultimately what the logic of consumerism dictates... it wouldn't work otherwise, obviously! 

If you don't want to accept any of this, that's your choice, but it doesn't change the facts. 

Without this, there would no progress and innovation if everyone was content with 720p 60Hz screens. 

When it’s driving technology for the better, it only helps everyone because technology gets cheaper as it gets old and new and improved versions come out. 

You just look at it from one bleak, narrow minded angle that somehow it’s all bad. 

I’ve already gone through this. 

So what you described leads to positives, it keeps people in jobs and keeps people working and researching the next big thing. 

You can’t seem to grasp this. 

4 hours ago, Knight77 said:

Without this, there would no progress and innovation if everyone was content with 720p 60Hz screens. 

When it’s driving technology for the better, it only helps everyone because technology gets cheaper as it gets old and new and improved versions come out. 

You just look at it from one bleak, narrow minded angle that somehow it’s all bad. 

I’ve already gone through this. 

So what you described leads to positives, it keeps people in jobs and keeps people working and researching the next big thing. 

You can’t seem to grasp this. 

Mass consumerism is a disease.... there is nothing good about it, and while there will be winners in any situation, society as a whole is going down the toilet and the negatives far outweigh any positives. There's nothing wrong with consumption. We will always need to consume things, products etc. and this ensures progress and innovation. But, there is a problem with mass consumerism. It's an even larger problem that our economy hinges on us buying more and more and more and more without ever examining who suffers. Spoiler alert: it's you, me, production, and the economy.  If you don't understand this, then you simply don't understand what your'e talking about. In order to keep consumer rates high, we have driven down prices by making cheaper and cheaper products (with obvious exceptions, and this monitor is not a mass consumer product of course, but it speaks to the same psychology). We have cut jobs, and outsourced all of the production to keep labour costs at an all time low. We make goods that break easily that need to consistently be replaced. We are bombarded with lies, "If you have this, you'll be happy," "If you obtain this, you'll get the girl," "If you buy this, you'll be beautiful." And it's never enough.

We mindlessly consume, constantly looking to upgrade, to consistently work to only be able to keep our heads above water in our consumerist society, to feel like you have to keep up. That you have to buy the nicest car, the biggest house, to have newest game system, the nicest watch... whatever it is. This is the world we all live in, so denying that is nonsensical.

Mass consumerism creates impossible aspirations – the very principles it is based on make it a logical impossibility for it to make us happy. If the idea of consumerism is to continually create new needs in people and make them consume more, this will result in us constantly chasing after a carrot on a stick. Although we might reach it sometimes (by buying a particular product), a new ‘carrot’ (i.e 'want') will then appear. A lack of fulfillment is therefore built into the whole idea of consumerism. This is not surprising – if the system isn't aimed at meeting human needs and interests, but at generating profit, then it will only be a matter of extreme luck that it ends up doing the former.

However, the alternative to this is categorically not a cease in progress or innovation... again, this is inevitable as it has been since the beginning of time. Tech will always improve regardless, so that's an entirely separate thing, and you seem to be getting quite confused there.

You can certainly argue this is a bleak viewpoint, because it actually IS a bleak situation, but narrow minded? Not at all... I'm seeing the big picture and things for what they really are... it's you who needs to open your eyes.

9 hours ago, atomicus said:

Mass consumerism is a disease.... there is nothing good about it, and while there will be winners in any situation, society as a whole is going down the toilet and the negatives far outweigh any positives. There's nothing wrong with consumption. We will always need to consume things, products etc. and this ensures progress and innovation. But, there is a problem with mass consumerism. It's an even larger problem that our economy hinges on us buying more and more and more and more without ever examining who suffers. Spoiler alert: it's you, me, production, and the economy.  If you don't understand this, then you simply don't understand what your'e talking about. In order to keep consumer rates high, we have driven down prices by making cheaper and cheaper products (with obvious exceptions, and this monitor is not a mass consumer product of course, but it speaks to the same psychology). We have cut jobs, and outsourced all of the production to keep labour costs at an all time low. We make goods that break easily that need to consistently be replaced. We are bombarded with lies, "If you have this, you'll be happy," "If you obtain this, you'll get the girl," "If you buy this, you'll be beautiful." And it's never enough.

We mindlessly consume, constantly looking to upgrade, to consistently work to only be able to keep our heads above water in our consumerist society, to feel like you have to keep up. That you have to buy the nicest car, the biggest house, to have newest game system, the nicest watch... whatever it is. This is the world we all live in, so denying that is nonsensical.

Mass consumerism creates impossible aspirations – the very principles it is based on make it a logical impossibility for it to make us happy. If the idea of consumerism is to continually create new needs in people and make them consume more, this will result in us constantly chasing after a carrot on a stick. Although we might reach it sometimes (by buying a particular product), a new ‘carrot’ (i.e 'want') will then appear. A lack of fulfillment is therefore built into the whole idea of consumerism. This is not surprising – if the system isn't aimed at meeting human needs and interests, but at generating profit, then it will only be a matter of extreme luck that it ends up doing the former.

However, the alternative to this is categorically not a cease in progress or innovation... again, this is inevitable as it has been since the beginning of time. Tech will always improve regardless, so that's an entirely separate thing, and you seem to be getting quite confused there.

You can certainly argue this is a bleak viewpoint, because it actually IS a bleak situation, but narrow minded? Not at all... I'm seeing the big picture and things for what they really are... it's you who needs to open your eyes.

You’ve posted a load of nonsense. 

Whether it’s copied and pasted from someone’s sad imagination is probably a good guess. 

There cannot be innovation and advancement it doesn’t make profit. 

Sometimes, you don’t know what you want till a product makes you realise it. 

Before the iPhone - did we think we needed a all screen device capable of what it does?

Microsoft, Nokia, Blackberry, Plam, Motorola - all these companies failed to innovate and give people what they wanted. 

Apple came in and did something different - charged a ridiculous price - but here we are and it spawned a big rivalry with Samsung that ultimately means we have hugely powerful phones right in our pocket. 

And it helps many people, consumers, businesses, people with disabilities and so on. 

I don’t buy anything you’ve said because you provide a doom and gloom view.

It just isn’t like that in reality. 

23 minutes ago, Knight77 said:

You’ve posted a load of nonsense. 

Whether it’s copied and pasted from someone’s sad imagination is probably a good guess. 

There cannot be innovation and advancement it doesn’t make profit. 

Sometimes, you don’t know what you want till a product makes you realise it. 

Before the iPhone - did we think we needed a all screen device capable of what it does?

Microsoft, Nokia, Blackberry, Plam, Motorola - all these companies failed to innovate and give people what they wanted. 

Apple came in and did something different - charged a ridiculous price - but here we are and it spawned a big rivalry with Samsung that ultimately means we have hugely powerful phones right in our pocket. 

And it helps many people, consumers, businesses, people with disabilities and so on. 

I don’t buy anything you’ve said because you provide a doom and gloom view.

It just isn’t like that in reality. 

Mass consumerism is nonsense spawned from someone's imagination, and the only way we advance and innovate as a species is if we make profit from it? Really? You're actually saying that? On the internet? For everyone to see? Wow. Care to explain that? No, probably not. Where was mass consumerism in Ancient Egypt? Roman times? The Ancient Greeks? Did they not advance or innovate? Did they solely need to profit to do so? Just give up... this has gone wayyyy over your head. Back to school for you.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, atomicus said:

Mass consumerism is nonsense spawned from someone's imagination, and the only way we advance and innovate as a species is if we make profit from it? Really? You're actually saying that? On the internet? For everyone to see? Wow. Care to explain that? No, probably not. Where was mass consumerism in Ancient Egypt? Roman times? The Ancient Greeks? Did they not advance or innovate? Did they solely need to profit to do so? Just give up... this has gone wayyyy over your head. Back to school for you.

Apart from Charity, no one does anything except for profit. 

Your mentality of doom and gloom is a sad one. 

I can tell your on a high horse thinking whatever you deem to be correct is fact. 

The world revolves around money. 

It’s what drives innovation and advancement. 

Without consumerism, you wouldn’t have the next big thing. Nor would find bleeding edge technology trickle down after a period of time to cheaper, mass consumer products. 

I think you need to shed that doom and gloom outlook and understand business, markets and how products are targeted for certain people. 

Clearly the topic at hand is a monitor that was never intended to be aimed at you if you can’t accept the price. 

I don’t know why you just can’t let it go and move on. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, Knight77 said:

Apart from Charity, no one does anything except for profit. 

Your mentality of doom and gloom is a sad one. 

I can tell your on a high horse thinking whatever you deem to be correct is fact. 

The world revolves around money. 

It’s what drives innovation and advancement. 

Without consumerism, you wouldn’t have the next big thing. Nor would find bleeding edge technology trickle down after a period of time to cheaper, mass consumer products. 

I think you need to shed that doom and gloom outlook and understand business, markets and how products are targeted for certain people. 

Clearly the topic at hand is a monitor that was never intended to be aimed at you if you can’t accept the price. 

I don’t know why you just can’t let it go and move on. 

Oh dear. Whether you think it's doom and gloom isn't really the point... but mass consumerism IS a thing. I am not doom and gloom about that personally, but I recognise that it exists and IS a problem in certain sections of our society. If you choose to bury your head in the sand about that and ignore it, that is of course your right, but you seem to actually be suggesting it doesn't even exist, which is just laughable and ridiculous... despite no real attempt to refute it. And that was all my original post a million years ago was speaking to.

Of course the world revolves around money. That's EXACTLY the point, and why we exist in a world where mass consumerism is a thing! Your ignorance on this subject is utterly astounding, because you're referencing the very things that have given rise to mass consumerism over the decades. Unfortunately, you seem to now be stuck in this little bubble looking inwards, where that's ALL you can see, and you think this is how it always has and should be. And that's very sad. Very sad indeed.