FPS problems in Borderless Mode

Reloflex

Hello!

The problem: 

I am playing a lot of different games. They all run smoothly in FullScreen mode. But since I am also streaming, it would be very convenient to run these games in Borderless mode, so I could interact with the streaming software without the game freezing on the canvas.

However if I switch to Borderless mode in almost any game, one of the following two happens:

- The fps (shown by Afterburner) stays the same, around 165-200, but the refresh rate of the monitor goes down to ~60hz, noticeable just by looking at it (ex: Pubg)

- The fps is just cut to 60 strait up. (ex: rainbow 6)

Config:

2080Ti Gigabyte Gaming OC

ViewSonic XG2703 (165hz, 1440p)

Another token 60hz monitor 1080p

Settings & Programs:

Windows 10 64bit

StreamlabsOBS (NVENC [new] / Hardware acceleration off)

GSync ON

Did you guys met with this problem before? 

I've red that Gsync has a similar problem with some windows 10 patches, but nVidia also claims to have fixed it.

Any help, article, forum thread associated with this particular problem is welcomed :)

Have a nice day!

R.

This one's going to seem totally out-of-the-blue, but if you're running discord alongside your games, try it with discord completely shut down. There was a time when Discord's overlay was causing all sorts of strange issues.

If the issues resolve with discord closed, there's a way to disable their in-game overlay, though I'm unable to check exactly where at the moment (hence my suggestion to just outright close it)

Also as the standard tech support "did you turn it off and back on again?" question, have you checked your Vsync/FPS cap settings after changing screen modes?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB