Struggling to pick a mouse. Would appreciate some help.

ScreamSlasher5X

How the hell does anyone figure out what mouse to buy. My hand is about eight inches in length so a mouse too small would either be uncomfortable because I'd have to claw, I prefer palm or useless. I know to chose optical. I'd like a couple buttons but that's about it and wired. Some mice I've seen are like five years old. Feel like slamming my head on the desk. Have a budget of about £100. Prefer to buy locally so a UK website, US only websites that don't sell internationally means I won't be able to consider them. Thank you.

Mice are one of those things that's really subjective to each person. I currently use a G600, but am transitioning to a Scimitar Pro (both are sitting on my desk at the moment, i'm having to retrain my grip for the Scimitar).

I know people that love the G600, I know people that Love the Scimitar, inverse for both, hate both, or like both.

Personally, I find the Scimitar to be a more comfortable out-of-box experience for me, but after the years of using this G600, I've gotten used to it. I don't have any complaints now that I've adjusted.

If you can, get some hands-on experience, or do some research into people with similar grip styles with similar sized hands. Pick something with your best knowledge (whatever that may be), and stick with it.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Get a mouse that is at least 60% of your hand size, if you use palm grip look for a mouse that has a long shape and with minimal hump on the body, if it got to have a hump try to find the one that's in the middle not in the back. 

I have a guide right on my signature, you might want to check it out. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

57 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Get a mouse that is at least 60% of your hand size, if you use palm grip look for a mouse that has a long shape and with minimal hump on the body, if it got to have a hump try to find the one that's in the middle not in the back. 

I have a guide right on my signature, you might want to check it out. 

@Hiya! I'd been considering the G502. Looks all round good for what I want, the only issue is durablity. I've heard that the scroll wheel is prone to breaking as is the left mouse button. Know anything of this?

I use a razer naga trinity and I love it, the swappable side plates are more useful than I thought they'd be

19 hours ago, ScreamSlasher5X said:

@Hiya! I'd been considering the G502. Looks all round good for what I want, the only issue is durablity. I've heard that the scroll wheel is prone to breaking as is the left mouse button. Know anything of this?

That's because they use Chinese omron switch for their new products instead of Japanese. 

Is not that they use that switch on all of their products some still use Japanese omron but if the product is manufactured/made in China they might use them instead or might not and you can't tell, you literally need to disassemble the product and unsolder the switch to find out. 

As for the scroll wheel, I have no idea. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Corsair Scimitar is a good option but it does have an arseload of buttons...I used it for a while when I was still playing MMOs regularly and its great for that, but once I transitioned back to FPS and other games I found the buttons to be a pain in the butt. So, I switched to the new Ironclaw right when it was released and I'd been using that up until today when I purchased the Nightsword and I think I've found my dream mouse. My hands are sort of in-between size, so smaller mice usually make my hand cramp because I have to clench my fingers around it and larger mice tend to have the buttons located in such a way that I have to shift uncomfortably to use them. The size of both the Ironclaw and the Nightsword is similar, though the Nightsword has a more pronounced thumb rest and isn't as tall as the Ironclaw. The Ironclaw has 7 buttons (9 if you go for the wireless version) and the Nighthawk has 10 which are positioned pretty much perfectly for me to where I can easily press them all without doing hand acrobatics. I'd say its very similar to the G502 HERO, which I returned to purchase the Nightsword, but where the G502 felt too skinny in my hand and made the buttons harder to easily press, and had a couple sharp angles where the plastic jutted into my hand due to the funky design, the Nightsword has none of those problems.

Also, the Nightsword has tuneable weights and it also has real-time display within iCUE of the center of gravity and weight placement. I've never seen that in any other mouse with tuneable weights before. I love the way it looks and feels and definitely recommend if you can, give it a try and see how it feels for you. But I also honestly believe that any of the other mice I mentioned are indeed great mice, and you may just have to try them all like I did before you settle on the perfect mouse for you. I wish you luck!