thermal paste for TV - LEDs ?

dgsddfgdfhgs

one of the LED inside TV is damaged, I managed to get a new set of same led stripe and replace it.

it is taped on a large plate of aluminium backplate. Do you think adding thermal paste can preserve TV better? 

paste on each LED to Al plate

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

Thermal paste on what?

Would need a photo. Could be a light diffuser. How are the LEDs mounted?

2 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Would need a photo. Could be a light diffuser. How are the LEDs mounted?

its just taped/ glued

around 7th min

Hi, I have seen many LED strip but never some with thermal paste. Usually, the high-power ones are glued onto an aluminum surface like it appears to be the case here. Since you aluminum backplate is large, I expect heat dissipation to be ok if the TV's ventilation slots are all unobstructed.

Yeah. Was it heat or humidity that killed them? If it was not heat, then thermal paste is a waste anyhow. Thermal paste helps for CPUs due to the contact of the IHS/die and the heatsink. But for a gapped/glued in LED, it may need a different solution.

1 minute ago, TechyBen said:

Thermal paste helps for CPUs due to the contact of the IHS/die and the heatsink. But for a gapped/glued in LED, it may need a different solution.

The big difference to a CPU is the amount of heat that has to be dissipated and the contact area available. All power that goes into a CPU has to be dissipated since it becomes heat whereas a LED converts some of it into light (so not everything becomes heat, but still a fair amount).
The consumer grade LED strips I have seen have a power draw of less than 20W per meter, so it's not nearly as challenging a task as keeping a CPU cool.

ITs still debatable that cooling is the problem here and whether adding extra cooling would fix the failure in the LED strip.

6 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

The big difference to a CPU is the amount of heat that has to be dissipated and the contact area available. All power that goes into a CPU has to be dissipated since it becomes heat whereas a LED converts some of it into light (so not everything becomes heat, but still a fair amount).
The consumer grade LED strips I have seen have a power draw of less than 20W per meter, so it's not nearly as challenging a task as keeping a CPU cool.

I've seen many LEDs heatsinks on. But yes, most LEDs in a TV won't need em.