Laptop Wifi Chip Upgrade

OmicronEta

Recently I had to return a laptop that I had been using for school work for quite a long time. During this time I turned to game streaming as I did not have a gaming rig at the time to play games. Now that the laptop has been returned I am forced to go back to my very old personal laptop which has the near exact specs with 2 key differences. 1 memory slot, and a {b/g/n} wifi chip. The game streaming service that I use, GeForce now, works much better on 5Ghz bands. So I was thinking, if I were to upgrade the wifi chip to an ac, would I get that performance boost or would the slot/standard behind it limit it.

Laptop:https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Inspiron-i3-4030U-Processor/dp/B00LJG85N8

Home Base : Ryzen 5 2400G - ASROCK HDV R4.0 B450M -  Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 2x8GB @3200Mhz - Sapphire Pulse RX 5700XT - WB Black (2018) 500GB NVME SSD - 250GB WD (P.O.S.) HDD - 250GB LITEONIT SSD - Cougar MX330 ATX Tower - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GQ 750W Gold- Razer Deathaddder Elite - Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard

14 hours ago, OmicronEta said:

Recently I had to return a laptop that I had been using for school work for quite a long time. During this time I turned to game streaming as I did not have a gaming rig at the time to play games. Now that the laptop has been returned I am forced to go back to my very old personal laptop which has the near exact specs with 2 key differences. 1 memory slot, and a {b/g/n} wifi chip. The game streaming service that I use, GeForce now, works much better on 5Ghz bands. So I was thinking, if I were to upgrade the wifi chip to an ac, would I get that performance boost or would the slot/standard behind it limit it.

Laptop:https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Inspiron-i3-4030U-Processor/dp/B00LJG85N8

I have a Haswell based laptop myself and have an AC chip, so the slot I would assume will handle it. The question you need answered is does Dell white list cards in their BIOS? Thats a question I cant answer. If they are White Listed then you need to buy a card on that list, if not then just get any Intel AC card. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.