wat speed is required for cgi graphics in game?

Dehaka

cgi level of avatar. wat speed increased is required? how do they hope to increase speed when transistor shrink is at the very end already?

what do you mean by "speed"?

given that it took several hours for hundreds, if not, thousands of computers to render a single frame of that movie , we're no where near close to games looking like that

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Are you asking how much more computational power would be needed to improve video game graphics to get movie-level-graphics? If that is the case, theoretically speaking computer technology is already at the point at which we can reach those levels, the issue is that it would require a ton of money for developers to produce such advanced software, model it, and then optimize it so that modern computering technology can take advantage of it, and the wait times would be horrible. Practically speaking though computers (specifically GPUs) would need an increase of power of 50-150% depending on how advanced the software is. I mean people are already fully pathtracing rooms 60 fps in real time on 2080tis, (not raytracing, but pathtracing, pathtracing is 10+ times more computationally intensive than raytracing) this will only get better esp. as denoisers improve. And to answer your other questions, the two alternatives, is a) switch materials so that you can make transistors smaller, and b) as the price of the production costs fall, make the chips bigger.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Oh you can have that today*

*if you want to play at one frame every four-twelve days

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

*if you want to play at one frame every four-twelve days

I feel like that would be cheating if it was using an ingame counter in speedrunning. 

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I feel like that would be cheating if it was using an ingame counter in speedrunning. 

Well the thing is that it's hard to know exactly when the frame is going to be rendered so you have to sit there the whole time

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well the thing is that it's hard to know exactly when the frame is going to be rendered so you have to sit there the whole time

Speedrun marathon session.

GDQ 2019-GDQ 2025

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Speedrun marathon session.

GDQ 2019-GDQ 2025

More like Games Done Slow :P

Builds:

Spoiler