Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nemeshisu

Small PC build (?)

I just built my SFFPC in a Raijintek Metis Plus, but the max GPU length is 270mm.

Take a look at the InWin 901/301 or Ncase N1 (very $$$).

CPU: R5 2600 (Noctua U12S) || Mobo: MSI B450I || RAM: Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000MHz || GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (OEM) || Case: Raijintek Metis Plus || Storage: Adata SU800 1TB, Sandisk Z400S 256gb, WD Blue 2TB 2.5", 8TB NAS || PSU: Silverstone SF45SF-G 450w Gold || BUILD LOG || Laptops: Dell XPS 13 9360 (2017, i7 + 16gb), Macbook Pro 13" (2014, i5 + 16gb) || Cameras: D700, D7100, X100S, F3, F100

29 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Oh man I didn't see that it was a 299mm GPU.

There is always the option of selling off that 1060 and buying something better suited to a mITX build. It's a nice cooler model and a popular used GPU. You'd probably get a nice deal for it, and not limit things so much.

Lol quoted myself just to reference the idea here:

I only have a USD pricing list for the Zen 2 launch currently, but the current gen are very similarly priced in Italy and the U.S. so it should be at least ballpark. I managed to fit a different GPU (a smaller unit, though perhaps not as quiet as the ROG STRIX cooler of course. Still a mid range rated cooler and a more powerful GPU. (If you made some money on that 1060, a 2060 would be a better buy for only 50-60 more euros.)

NOTES:

• The Gaming Plus ITX is listed as being a very good MOBO on the tier list, despite the others in the Gaming Plus family being pretty mundane. You could look at this piece, or look at it as a placeholder in the build list until B550 boards drop (the better option, I'd think.)
  • As noted above: The 1660Ti would be a fairly significant upgrade to the 1060. This model is a solid compact dual fan that would fit into a smaller build better.
  • I can't pretend to be an expert on mITX cases. Based on the specs for this case, the PSU, the GPU and this 140mm case fan should all fit nicely. I looked at this one as a good option for clearly solid airlfow, and no glass or ceramic elements to watch out for when moving it around. It should be fairly easy to keep in good shape.
  • The PSU selection for price is interesting out there. I landed on the V series, since it's a GREAT and fully modular unit for only a little more than... Some pretty junky units.
  • I selected this case fan based on availability. This one is a good balance between CFM rating and reasonably low in decibels. Price is decent and hey... It's available!
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Oh man I didn't see that it was a 299mm GPU.

There is always the option of selling off that 1060 and buying something better suited to a mITX build. It's a nice cooler model and a popular used GPU. You'd probably get a nice deal for it, and not limit things so much.

I could consider that

17 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Lol quoted myself just to reference the idea here:

I only have a USD pricing list for the Zen 2 launch currently, but the current gen are very similarly priced in Italy and the U.S. so it should be at least ballpark. I managed to fit a different GPU (a smaller unit, though perhaps not as quiet as the ROG STRIX cooler of course. Still a mid range rated cooler and a more powerful GPU. (If you made some money on that 1060, a 2060 would be a better buy for only 50-60 more euros.)

NOTES:

• The Gaming Plus ITX is listed as being a very good MOBO on the tier list, despite the others in the Gaming Plus family being pretty mundane. You could look at this piece, or look at it as a placeholder in the build list until B550 boards drop (the better option, I'd think.)
  • As noted above: The 1660Ti would be a fairly significant upgrade to the 1060. This model is a solid compact dual fan that would fit into a smaller build better.
  • I can't pretend to be an expert on mITX cases. Based on the specs for this case, the PSU, the GPU and this 140mm case fan should all fit nicely. I looked at this one as a good option for clearly solid airlfow, and no glass or ceramic elements to watch out for when moving it around. It should be fairly easy to keep in good shape.
  • The PSU selection for price is interesting out there. I landed on the V series, since it's a GREAT and fully modular unit for only a little more than... Some pretty junky units.
  • I selected this case fan based on availability. This one is a good balance between CFM rating and reasonably low in decibels. Price is decent and hey... It's available!

That could be a really interesting alternative if I manage to have a couple of hundreds of euros more. Thanks!

4 hours ago, nemeshisu said:

That could be a really interesting alternative if I manage to have a couple of hundreds of euros more. Thanks!

Oh I had thought the max was 1200 euros?

7 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Oh I had thought the max was 1200 euros?

Yeah but sadly I can't even spend the half of it rn. I need my money elsewhere, I will need to wait until August / September I think.