I have SM Fiber Optic Core

Hello all .... 

Like the title says .... i have single mode fiber optic core..... a lot of it ... 

Pic with specs (I have several rolls)

I need ideas to do something with it ...

anyone?
Thanks in advance!!!

FO_SM.jpg

FO_SM1.jpg

Not sure there's a whole lot you can do with it outside of building your own light-up trinkets. Maybe you want to make your bedroom have a "star-lit" ceiling? That's about as much as I can come up with unless you want to use it as it wasn't intended.

15 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Not sure there's a whole lot you can do with it outside of building your own light-up trinkets. Maybe you want to make your bedroom have a "star-lit" ceiling? That's about as much as I can come up with unless you want to use it as it wasn't intended.

The actual core (not the cladding) on SMF is so tiny I'd imagine you'd have a hard time even using it for that.

1 minute ago, Lyphiard said:

The actual core (not the cladding) on SMF is so tiny I'd imagine you'd have a hard time even using it for that.

That just begs the question how this guy got his hand on all this and how there's not much use for it but turning it into cable.

• 4 weeks later...

I buy this many years ago.... eBay. .. with "turning in to cable" idea.... but is not an option at this moment. .... and .... is not good for "illumination proposes". ... 

That's why I am asking. ... 

I have more than 40km.... 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, MauricioG said:

I buy this many years ago.... eBay. .. with "turning in to cable" idea.... but is not an option at this moment. .... and .... is not good for "illumination proposes". ... 

That's why I am asking. ... 

I have more than 40km.... 

Thanks 

You could braid it together and use it like rope...

May be .... send 1km to Linus.... so he can "very carefully" put all his LAN on fiber.... all on 10Gb... 

Hahaha....

• 4 weeks later...

ok ..... i figured out my self .... the bes it´s to produce OTDR coil launchers ......