I need some help making a big life decision.

trainergames

Ok i am 24(almost 25) and i am right now living in houston tx with my sister,cause working at walmart i don't make enough to live by myself,my mom is also living with us here cause not only did she tore her rotator cuff 5 years ago,but just a little over a year ago she had a stroke.

Now i am making any where from $350-$550 every 2 weeks depending on how many hours i get,my mom has no income right now,but will be going to the social security office to get her on disability,and the my brother in law works making $1300-1500 on the 15th and 30th of each month,the thing is my sister blows trough his money(ex. fast food every day) and then makes me speed all of my money,and i have had to overdraft my bank account every time i got paid since july(don't worry i have been careful to not touch for 24 hours after it deposits so i don't lose my account),we are always paying late on most of the bills expect for rent,and half of them are in my name.

Well my mom was talking to an old friend who lives 300 miles away,who said if we moved up there she would move in with us,and and we would split the bills.

It is a much smaller town with only 16k people,but the is 2 towns only 30 mins away that have combined of almost 65k people,moving would mean i would not have the money problems i have now,but i won't have very many choices when i decide to go to school for something.

Also 

I just really don't know what to do,i would really like not having money problems,but there is other things like the best internet you can get up there i think is 12-18mbps,while houston has much better lol,one of the other nearby towns has 50mbps,but i think it has a 150gb bandwith cap,which is stupid.

plus the nearest place i can go to get pc parts in person(other than best buy ect.)is a fry's that is 1 1/2 hours away,in houston one is only 20 minutes away,or only 5 from my work lol.

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

Ok i am 24(almost 25) and i am right now living in houston tx with my sister,cause working at walmart i don't make enough to live by myself,my mom is also living with us here cause not only did she tore her rotator cuff 5 years ago,but just a little over a year ago she had a stroke.

Now i am making any where from $350-$550 every 2 weeks depending on how many hours i get,my mom has no income right now,but will be going to the social security office to get her on disability,and the my brother in law works making $1300-1500 on the 15th and 30th of each month,the thing is my sister blows trough his money(ex. fast food every day) and then makes me speed all of my money,and i have had to overdraft my bank account every time i got paid since july(don't worry i have been careful to not touch for 24 hours after it deposits so i don't lose my account),we are always paying late on most of the bills expect for rent,and half of them are in my name.

Well my mom was talking to an old friend who lives 300 miles away,who said if we moved up there she would move in with us,and and we would split the bills.

It is a much smaller town with only 16k people,but the is 2 towns only 30 mins away that have combined of almost 65k people,moving would mean i would not have the money problems i have now,but i won't have very many choices when i decide to go to school for something.

Also 

I just really don't know what to do,i would really like not having money problems,but there is other things like the best internet you can get up there i think is 12-18mbps,while houston has much better lol,one of the other nearby towns has 50mbps,but i think it has a 150gb bandwith cap,which is stupid.

plus the nearest place i can go to get pc parts in person(other than best buy ect.)is a fry's that is 1 1/2 hours away,in houston one is only 20 minutes away,or only 5 from my work lol.

Do what you feel is right. All of use will have different opinions on what we think you should do. However in the end it's all up to what will be better for you, and your families life. I think personally you should move if it will improve the quality of life for you. However in the end we cannot make this decision for you. You have to decide what is best for you. 

Best of luck to you. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Move to Britain, my friend.

If your life would be better wherever you're moving, go there. You only live once yada yada yada.

Compatible with Windows 95

Move to Britain, my friend.

If your life would be better wherever you're moving, go there. You only live once yada yada yada.

that would cost way to much.

I have to leave for work i will all the post when i get back.

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

I think you need to sort out your priorities i.e. internet shouldnt be on par with education and being able to afford to live there (there is no point living some where and going into dept just to get better internet)

you could move to south Korea (no seriously they have much better internet {since that's what you wont} and they will have more and better jobs than the us for the next n years say, they are investing in there infrastructure and there education isnt that bad at least you wont be hundreds of grands in dept to pay off when your finished college) 

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

that would cost way to much.

I have to leave for work i will all the post when i get back.

You're right, it does cost too much. Just go with what you want.

Compatible with Windows 95

you could make a poll with everyone in the family and see what they all prefer  :) or if already done then.........hhhmmm you could move there it is a reasonable choice

but in the end it all comes down to you and your family 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Well IF I were in your shoes, the first thing that I would probably do is list out the Pros and Cons of moving there. What would I benefit from it. What would lose from it. Does the things that I'm losing is more important that what I'm gaining.

Also try prioritising what is important. (Internet, Education, Money Issue)

If you say moving that will kinda reduce the money issue I would say go ahead. As for internet wise you probably could live with that speed after a month or so.

(TBH the speed that I'm having is MUCH MUCH MORE terrible that what is offered to you.)

3260646949.png

As for education I'm pretty sure there will still be options there. 

In the end its still comes down to you. You might not agree with my perspective and you will have yours. Choose one that you feel that it is the right thing to do for you yourself and for your family.

And lastly, good luck to you.

Tell your sister to contribute instead of burning it all up leaving you to pay the bills alone.

Basing your decision on where you can buy PC parts and internet speeds shouldn't be a consideration. You don't based decision like moving based on Luxuries. You move for other reasons like being closer to family, better job, start a new life. If the internet speeds are better and better shopping those are just a bonus, but shouldn't be considered for moving. Your sister does need to control her spending, there's no reason for you to spend all your money while she blows hers. 

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Pros and Cons of moving.

Pros:

Cheaper cost of living

Won't have the money problem i have now

Less stress at home

Will be close to a long time friend that i have known for 14 years

Will be close to my other sister

Will be able to transfer back to the walmart i worked at before i moved to houston

Cons:

Will only have 2 nearby colleges to pick from when i decided to move

Will have worse internet speeds and bandwith caps

It will be harder to get pc parts in person

There is a lot less places to for entertainment

I will have to spend my income tax to move with,and i had planned to get 4 new tires for my car,a new cell phone since my last one got stolen,and a laptop

The sister i am living with is going to get pissed saying i am leaving her high and dry

Much Less better jobs than what i have now,and most are not hiring

also i will have to make the sister i am living with give me back a pc i lent her,and 2 i lent her kids,all of which she talk like she thinks i gave them to her  

That is all i can think of for right now,but with that list what would you guys do? P.S. i will update the list if i can think of more.

So your taking care of your mom? Hmm if not I suggest you move (alone) in with that friend of yours if he/she don't mind till things get better economically for you, then move to wherever it's overall better.

yes i am taking care of her,and it would be me and her moving up there in with one of her old friends.

yes i am taking care of her,and it would be me and her moving up there in with one of her old friends.

What a nice son you are :)

Personally id move up, that money absorbing sister of yours is a good enough reason to leave. also Less stress at home = GREAT! + stable economy EVEN BETTER! 

Sure the Cons are there but your still young(er then me by 1 year) so work hard, study hard and hopefully all that hard work will pay off and you will find a better place......with your mom if she tags along.

But in the end it´s up to you.