microphone volume keeps changing

Cygi

Hello,

I have a very annoying problem, my mic keeps adjusting the volume for no aparent reason. It always goes to 100. Ive set so apps cant take control of the microphone but that doesnt help. Im using VoiceMeter to improve the quality and Shadowplay for recordings. My mic is a Rode NT USB. I want to point out that I didnt have that problem with my previous mic and before I used VoiceMeter I had this line "nircmdc.exe loop 172800 500 setsysvolume 55345 default_record" running on start up. Now that VoiceMeter is the default recording device I dont know what to do.  Thanks for help

You have a program that changes your mic volume.

You probably enable the feature to adjust the mic volume automatically to you can always be heard.

I was looking for it, but the only thing I use is discord and I have that option turned off. Can it be steam?

1 hour ago, Cygi said:

I was looking for it, but the only thing I use is discord and I have that option turned off. Can it be steam?

It cam be any program that uses your microphone, or a malware that is having fun. Most likely a voice chat app.