Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicklmg

FINALLY Upgrading my 4 year old Gaming Rig!

360p hype!
I actually came across the original 2015 personal build videos a month or so ago and they were pretty fun to see. Glad to see a sort of sequel to that!

Now to wait a couple minutes for it not to be 360p :P

Don't forgot the quote / @ me so I get a notification for your response. Quoting is the arrow button in the bottom left of my post.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"Wish i could find a way to stop the pain.         -         Besides the one that i keep thinking of."

My gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

The brains: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

The torso: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

Short term memory: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz ||

Pixel pusher: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming || 

Where I store memes: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB || 

Un-heater: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Carboard box: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

Power squid: Corsair RM750x ||

Peripherals:

Sound helmet: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Clickity-clack (sadly not clicky :( ): Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Return the (drawing) slab! : Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Rodent: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Cloth for rodent: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

360p squad!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Now to wait a couple minutes for it not to be 360p :P

You will probably need to wait quite a while (another 10+ min) for the glorious 480P and at least 3 to 4 hours for 4K. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

You will probably need to wait quite a while (another 10+ min) for the glorious 480P and at least 3 to 4 hours for 4K. 

Nah, YouTube is a lot faster nowadays.

It's at 4K now!

image.png.6b9c20427a7ba747b09c7ba40263e2a7.png

Don't forgot the quote / @ me so I get a notification for your response. Quoting is the arrow button in the bottom left of my post.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"Wish i could find a way to stop the pain.         -         Besides the one that i keep thinking of."

My gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

The brains: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

The torso: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

Short term memory: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz ||

Pixel pusher: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming || 

Where I store memes: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB || 

Un-heater: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Carboard box: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

Power squid: Corsair RM750x ||

Peripherals:

Sound helmet: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Clickity-clack (sadly not clicky :( ): Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Return the (drawing) slab! : Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Rodent: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Cloth for rodent: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Uh... 4k is already available actually :) 

Just now, nicklmg said:

Uh... 4k is already available actually :) 

Wow that was a fast 3 to 4 hours! 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Yeah, I am pretty sure Linus know just how "Game Over" it is when microbes get into your system. Also this is Linus, why don we see him going SLI 2080 Tis? (Yes I know that it is all but pointless for most games, but people, remember, this is Linus we are talking here.) 

OH yeah, finally! Boy, that system was so old and outdated, it couldn't even play the latest games anymore! Well deserving upgrade that's for sure.

😐

Missed opportunity to have an actual "before and after" performances in gaming(no cinebench or whatever, pure gaming) with four different comparison,

Old CPU + Old GPU,
Old CPU + New GPU,
New CPU + Old GPU,
New CPU + New GPU.

This could've shown whether or not it's worth it for a gamer, to do a CPU upgrade alongside a GPU upgrade instead of simply upgrading the GPU by itself, when coming from a "top of the line" system from a few years ago.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Knowing how long you took to finally get rid of the lambo, I want to save you some time: You can send your old gaming rig to me, I will take good care of it ;)

What rack mount chassis is that?

That disgusting GPU waterblock shows exactly why NOT to use distilled water.

Even though it is deionised at the start, it picks up ions from all the metal components in the loop, becoming acidic and corrosive.

A properly designed liquid cooling fluid is PH balanced and has specific amounts of anticorrosive and biocide that are all compatible with eachother.

Ideally you would buy a clear premixed fluid too, not coloured.

Singularitycomputers always used mayhems fluids and has nowhere near that kind of damage after 10 years inside customer PCs.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

25 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That disgusting GPU waterblock shows exactly why NOT to use distilled water.

Even though it is deionised at the start, it picks up ions from all the metal components in the loop, becoming acidic and corrosive.

A properly designed liquid cooling fluid is PH balanced and has specific amounts of anticorrosive and biocide that are all compatible with eachother.

Ideally you would buy a clear premixed fluid too, not coloured.

Singularitycomputers always used mayhems fluids and has nowhere near that kind of damage after 10 years inside customer PCs.

Haven't had a single issue with any of my watercooling parts yet because I use exactly what you described; premixed, colourless coolant.

The Storm: Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

Starlight (upcoming successor to The Storm): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition + EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + ML140 2-pack

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

21 minutes ago, Jurunce said:

Haven't had a single issue with any of my watercooling parts yet because I use exactly what you described; premixed, colourless coolant.

I'm working on my own custom high-reliability loop right now, also using premixed clear fluid.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

32 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I'm working on my own custom high-reliability loop right now, also using premixed clear fluid.

Been rocking a dual radiator, dual water block, single pump setup for 2 years now with one cleaning about 3 months ago. Using distilled mixed with a premixed coolant.

No problems, at all. I'm using no added biocide, although my fittings all have silver incorporated into them (MMRS chaingun fittings)

I'm curious as to why in fuck Linus didn't go AMD with the CPU? Or at least wait for the new AMD CPU's to release and go with them after dropping a review? Intel, as far as I can tell, is no longer the best option for any reason when you take security into account, at the least.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm curious as to why in fuck Linus didn't go AMD with the CPU? Or at least wait for the new AMD CPU's to release and go with them after dropping a review? Intel, as far as I can tell, is no longer the best option for any reason when you take security into account, at the least.

Some would call him an Intel shill.

Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Be proud of who you are.

Whats the purpose of this video? being sponsored again?

to encourage people upgrade before AMD 7/7 launch?

9 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Some would call him an Intel shill.

Or because it is well established that Intel gives better per thread single core performance than AMD and games are coded for that.  While AMD does better with multi thread performance.  

For GAMING Intel for anything that really takes advantage of multi core AMD.

Bruh, try running anything decently on a Fermi card.

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Mojave Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 7 Ultimate | Kali Linux

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (8.0) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Been rocking a dual radiator, dual water block, single pump setup for 2 years now with one cleaning about 3 months ago. Using distilled mixed with a premixed coolant.

No problems, at all. I'm using no added biocide, although my fittings all have silver incorporated into them (MMRS chaingun fittings)

Well, single core performance is still lower so intel CPUs still have better gaming performance, and he just wanted to play that one game.

Spoiler

Why not paint the motherboard to blue? Why not do the same thing to that Gigabyte board? His old rig is special because Line paint his board right?