Need help with current and future build

SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION, with the advice you give this build wont be built till about september or october anyways so include upcoming parts please, thanks for everything guys

So, to start I just happened to have a friend who got rid of his older hardware, 8gb ram and an i3-4170, not a great processor but it played what I wanted to 3 or so years ago , I got an rx 480 for about 200$ on black friday around that time and to this day it still holds up. I dont know if i should upgrade to a 580 because 580 are basically just overclocked 480 (need advice on that) and obviously I need a new mobo more ram etc.i get like 70+ cpu usage in every game sometimes 90-100 and usually 17-25 gpu usage so my gpu is having to wait for my cpu is what Ive gathered. So the new build parts are like 600$ or i could wait a little longer and upgrade the gpu aswell but idk what i should upgrade to ,ive been out of the mix for a minute. Any suggestions, at the moment on the list i have a new mobo, 16 gb of ram , and a ryzen 5 2600x and i can keep the 480 the only issue 4gb of vram. Or i can do what i just said and also upgrade the gpu but just need new build advice in general. Ive usually been in the know on parts and whatnot but for the past year been kinda out of it. Was looking at an rtx 2060. Thanks in advance.

Build with gpu: 

I would say to wait until the Ryzen 3000 processors release on July 7th before building anything.

10 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

I dont know if i should upgrade to a 580 because 580 are basically just overclocked 480 (need advice on that)

Overclock your 480 instead, there's no point in wasting money on something you can achieve for free.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Could just drop an i7-4770 in it, get 16gb of ram, and call it a day.

If you are going the whole new build route with some old parts, I would advise waiting for R5 3600.

1 hour ago, Vael said:

I would say to wait until the Ryzen 3000 processors release on July 7th before building anything.

Oh , I didnt know about these. Also i forgot to mention in my original post that this pc wouldnt be built till probably sep-oct because of money. so your plan works perfectly tbh

23 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Could just drop an i7-4770 in it, get 16gb of ram, and call it a day.

If you are going the whole new build route with some old parts, I would advise waiting for R5 3600.

I forgot to mention that i wouldnt be building this pc till sep-oct ik its crucial info but i forgot. thanks for the help fr tho

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Overclock your 480 instead, there's no point in wasting money on something you can achieve for free.

Thats what i was thinking just using Afterburner and overclocking it, you know of any basic tips for overclocking and whatnot or videos and guides because i have heard of it and known about it but ive never actually collected the experience from doing it

2 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

Thats what i was thinking just using Afterburner and overclocking it, you know of any basic tips for overclocking and whatnot or videos and guides because i have heard of it and known about it but ive never actually collected the experience from doing it

Increase the core clock in increments of 25Mhz, increase memory clock in increments of 50Mhz.

I like to run through a full sitting of Unigine Superposition between clock speed changes. I pushed my GTX 780 as far as it would go before turning off when a load was introduced to it, you probably don't have to go that far.

I would say you kind of get a feel for how it works after a little bit of time with the software, Afterburner is fairly intuitive.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Increase the core clock in increments of 25Mhz, increase memory clock in increments of 50Mhz.

I like to run through a full sitting of Unigine Superposition between clock speed changes. I pushed my GTX 780 as far as it would go before turning off when a load was introduced to it, you probably don't have to go that far.

I would say you kind of get a feel for how it works after a little bit of time with the software, Afterburner is fairly intuitive.

Thanks for everything man, so I guess I'll wait for the new Ryzen CPU's to come out, and then get ram,mobo, etc. Are there any things to watch out motherboard wise to maybe increase the longevity so I dont have to buy a new one just to upgrade stuff in the future. Also I'm pretty sure I know you can but doesn't hurt to ask, you can usually upgrade to any gpu with most motherboards as long as it fits in your case right?