Will Aimesh occupy a whole 2.4/5Ghz band?

So I was planing to upgrade my wifi system to ac5300 and ac88u in aimesh, if I using 5Ghz to do aimesh will I still able to use the 5Ghz on ac88u

There's more channels to transmit signal on 5 GHz band than 2.4 GHz. So there's lesser chance of interference.

If you still worry about this issue, you can manually configure the two routers to operate in different channels.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

1 minute ago, SkyHound0202 said:

There's more channels to transmit signal on 5 GHz band than 2.4 GHz. So there's lesser chance of interference.

If you still worry about this issue, you can manually configure the two routers to operate in different channels.

Sorry I meant in aimesh mode they communicate in a same Ghz channel, can i still use the channel they use to commicate

2 minutes ago, 0100100001101111 said:

Sorry I meant in aimesh mode they communicate in a same Ghz channel, can i still use the channel they use to commicate

Is it the same GHz band (2.4 or 5) or same channel.

Because from that I read:

AiMesh works like other mesh networking systems. It will use the optimum frequency band - either 2.4GHz or 5GHz - for backhaul data transmission to relay data from your primary router and across nodes to your client device. When using a tri-band ASUS router, it will try to use 5GHz network for backhaul communications since the 5GHz network is faster.

Either way, it's a good idea on to not to congest a channel. If there's other undesired device operating on a certain channel (like your neighbor's Wi-Fi), keep clear and set your router to transmit on a cleaner channel for better performance.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."