Can you create a Windows 7 USB Boot Tool?

AYDANN6ix9ine

So I have a USB OS Boot Tool and I plan to use it for my build customers. I obviously have Windows 10 on the USB but I am curious if I can create one of these for Windows 7 as it is still very popular and people sometimes just like to stick with it. So is it possible or there are some hiccups to it?

Like an OS installer or literally booting to a full 7 install?

Yes to the first part. You can use Rufus or the Windows 7 DVD Download tool they have on their site.

BUT 7 is reaching extended support EOL in 2020, so you should not be steering your customers in that direction.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Like an OS installer or literally booting to a full 7 install?

Yes to the first part. You can use Rufus or the Windows 7 DVD Download tool they have on their site. 

BUT 7 is reaching extended support EOL in 2020, so you should not be steering your customers in that direction. 

Yes. I will definitely try to steer them towards the latest OS such as Windows 10. I just want the option on hand just in case a customer really desires to use an older OS like Windows 7 or even Windows 8.1. Thanks for the advice though. I did not even know about Rufus before. Just to be sure, is it a safe website and legal?

Just now, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

Yes. I will definitely try to steer them towards the latest OS such as Windows 10. I just want the option on hand just in case a customer really desires to use an older OS like Windows 7 or even Windows 8.1. Thanks for the advice though. I did not even know about Rufus before. Just to be sure, is it a safe website and legal?

Yes. You have to supply the ISO, so there's nothing to be concerned about in terms of piracy. What you do with it is on you.

MSI Smart Tool is one of the better ones. It adds NVMe and USB 3 drivers to the bootable USB.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261560.0

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987