What gpu should I buy?

spike47p

Hey guys,

I am looking into starting computer gaming and i need a pc to build. I have no idea on how I would choose a graphics card. I only need 1080p to start off, and I don't want to spend more than $200 usd on the card alone. I am looking into upgrading in the future, buy can anyone recommend a good gpu for now? Thanks in advance!

Edited by spike47p

You say you don't have too much money? How much money do you actually have to spend and what country are you in? That'll give me and other people a better idea of what card is right for you.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Do you have a specific budget for the whole thing?

Usually in America you can get used GTX 970 for about 80-90$, and they are excellent 1080p cards.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

2 minutes ago, spike47p said:

I am looking into upgrading in the future, buy can anyone recommend a good gpu for now?

used rx570/580 , so you can upgrade sooner

new gtx1660 non ti , pretty perfect for 1080p solid 60fps+

rtx2060 "super", may never have chance to upgrade for gpu at 1080p

Without knowing the detail of your system and how much you have to spend a reasonable answer is not possible.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

you can go with gtx 1050ti or gtx 1060 to get a good 1080p performance in a budget

6 minutes ago, Arunbeast98 said:

you can go with gtx 1050ti or gtx 1060 to get a good 1080p performance in a budget

I don't know why people still recommend the 1050 Ti, the RX570 is pretty much better in most, if not all, aspects than the 1050 Ti and is cheaper. Similar story of RX 580 vs GTX 1060 although the performance gap is less.

1 hour ago, spike47p said:

Hey guys,

I am looking into starting computer gaming and i need a pc to build. I have no idea on how I would choose a graphics card. I only need 1080p to start off. Because i dont have a lot of money right now. I am looking into upgrading in the future, buy can anyone recommend a good gpu for now? Thanks in advance!

Budget? Peripherals included with budget? Do you have a monitor already?

The GTX 1660 is a great starter card, while not havin the higher price and issues the RTX cards have, but if the newer cards come out, then the old ones are projected to drop down (-$100).  The RTX 2060 will be around the price of the GTX 1660 (around July) for liquidation for the newer cards that're projected to be released to compete w/AMD Navi cards.  Waitin a month'll give you more options and likely price drops on older tech that's still valid today.

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

Hey guys, 
Thanks for the help so far. Some people are asking some questions on my build. I don't want to spend more that $200 on a GPU. below is the rest of my build, I already have my peripherals and stuff, I am just focusing on the actual pc. This is my first actual build so if anything doesn't look right i appreciate the help.

24 minutes ago, spike47p said:
Hey guys, 
Thanks for the help so far. Some people are asking some questions on my build. I don't want to spend more that $200 on a GPU. below is the rest of my build, I already have my peripherals and stuff, I am just focusing on the actual pc. This is my first actual build so if anything doesn't look right i appreciate the help.

Never pay that much for windows, you can get a copy of windows 10 pro for $5 on ebay. Also i would also look for a GTX 1070 or 980ti for $200 on ebay

11 hours ago, uncfan07 said:

look for a GTX 1070 or 980ti for $200 on ebay

12 hours ago, spike47p said:

With these data i would rather go for the 1070 than the 980ti because the 980ti is very very powerhungry

Otherwise a more powerful PSU will be required

12 hours ago, spike47p said:
Hey guys, 

I understand that your budget is limited, but it's not a good idea to run your system on an HDD storage. Better buy like 120GB SSD for Windows only and your HDD let it for games. And I really recommend RX580 that's what I'm using but you can buy RX570 slightly less performance and less by 50$ maybe more. And I recommend you to not stay using a 450 Watt power. And no you are not forced to change like even my system is very heavy and uses 400 Watt only.

15 hours ago, spike47p said:
Hey guys, 

I think this looks great overall.

Is there any reason why you are buying more case fans? That case you picked comes with solid fans already.

This won't be a power hungry or high heat outputting build.

As for the graphics card:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PWNv6h/evga-geforce-gtx-1660-6-gb-xc-ultra-gaming-video-card-06g-p4-1167-kr

Better choice than the RX 580 and you will find an RX 580 with a similar cooler at similar prices at that $200 price range.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard