Internet connection randomly goes to “Limited”

Over the past few weeks my PC has been going to “Limited” internet access, and the ethernet icon on my taskbar has a Yellow triangle, this happens 1-3 times a day, and lasts for about 2-10 seconds before going back to normal. Usually i’m just playing a game or browsing chrome and then i get disconnected, and then reconnected a few seconds later. I’ve already done quite a bit of troubleshooting so i’m at a complete loss of what to do. Things i’ve already tried include: 

rebooting my pc, restarting router, updating router firmware, updating windows, updating bios, doing a ip release/renew flushdns and a netsh winsock reset in CMD, updating network drivers, deleting my network adapter in device manager and then scanning for hardware changes, a malware scan, the windows network troubleshooter, making sure my pc isn’t turning it off to save power, and trying a different ethernet cord.

I’ve done basically every type of network troubleshooting i could think of, do you have any ideas?

Check your network cable... heat-cooling cycles can cause some wires to become loose in the network jacks and make poor connection, causing the router or network card to switch between 100mbps and 1 gbps modes. Or maybe you stepped on the cable too much, or you sat on it with your chair legs. Easy test would be replacing the ethernet cable... otherwise visually inspect each jack.

Check the ethernet jack in the back of your computer, make sure the pins are flexing and not permanently bent

In rare cases they can be a bit oxidized making poor contact... with the computer shut down, you could try rubbing them with some cotton wool dabbed in isopropyl alcohol or sanitary alcohol (or use a bit of material from wet wipes used to clean eye glasses)

In very rare cases, the wallwart adapter of router/modem can go bad after some time due to overheating and at random moments it can cause router to reset or glitch.  The resets could be explained by this but just the limited stuff, no... that would be more indicative of bad ethernet cable.

12 hours ago, mariushm said:

Check your network cable... heat-cooling cycles can cause some wires to become loose in the network jacks and make poor connection, causing the router or network card to switch between 100mbps and 1 gbps modes. Or maybe you stepped on the cable too much, or you sat on it with your chair legs. Easy test would be replacing the ethernet cable... otherwise visually inspect each jack.

Check the ethernet jack in the back of your computer, make sure the pins are flexing and not permanently bent

In rare cases they can be a bit oxidized making poor contact... with the computer shut down, you could try rubbing them with some cotton wool dabbed in isopropyl alcohol or sanitary alcohol (or use a bit of material from wet wipes used to clean eye glasses)

In very rare cases, the wallwart adapter of router/modem can go bad after some time due to overheating and at random moments it can cause router to reset or glitch.  The resets could be explained by this but just the limited stuff, no... that would be more indicative of bad ethernet cable.

I’ve tried two different ethernet cables, but I will try checking out my ethernet port to see if it’s bent/oxidized. I’ll reply here if the problem continues after i try that.

19 hours ago, addorall said:

I’ve tried two different ethernet cables, but I will try checking out my ethernet port to see if it’s bent/oxidized. I’ll reply here if the problem continues after i try that.

If you have a laptop, you can connect it directly to the router and run a ping test to see if the issue maybe with your Internet Provider connection/Router.

16 hours ago, TekSupport said:

If you have a laptop, you can connect it directly to the router and run a ping test to see if the issue maybe with your Internet Provider connection/Router.

I have a desktop :/

4 hours ago, addorall said:

I have a desktop :/

What i was referring to is if you have a second device that you can test the connection with.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:17 AM, TekSupport said:

What i was referring to is if you have a second device that you can test the connection with.

ohhh, ok. I can try that.

Also, after cleaning my Ethernet port the problem still persists. I have a usb to ethernet adapter i use for my nintendo switch i may end up using temporarily.