Ruinning Minecraft server on windows 10 VM

So I have a Dell PowerEdge R610 and have unraid installed. Unraid has an IP of 10.0.0.160. So I am trying to run a Minecraft server on a VM. Windows gives itself the IP as 10.0.0.28 which I am able to locally connect to that. However, I need to port forward the server. In the xfi app, it reads the VM as 10.0.0.160, not the one in windows: 10.0.0.28. 

Gaming PC: Intel Core i5 9600k ; MSI Aero GTX 1070 TI ; MSI Z390-A PRO ; G.Skill Trident Z 16Gb 2400MHz ; Corsair RM750X ; Corsair Crystal 570x ; Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ; PNY ssd ; Corsair H75 AIO

Laptop: 2017 Macbook Pro 13' 256gb SSD

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

so you port forward the 28 one, what happens when you do that?

So due to the fact that I have an Xfinity router, you have to port forward by the device. And the VM shows up as 10.0.0.160 even though in the VM when I do ipconfig it is 10.0.0.28.

Gaming PC: Intel Core i5 9600k ; MSI Aero GTX 1070 TI ; MSI Z390-A PRO ; G.Skill Trident Z 16Gb 2400MHz ; Corsair RM750X ; Corsair Crystal 570x ; Samsung 850 EVO 250GB ; PNY ssd ; Corsair H75 AIO

3 minutes ago, SoggyHippo said:

So due to the fact that I have an Xfinity router, you have to port forward by the device. And the VM shows up as 10.0.0.160 even though in the VM when I do ipconfig it is 10.0.0.28.

This is just a guess but I think the issue may be that the VM could be sharing the MAC of the host so the router can't distinguish the two as independent machines on the network.

Can you check if the VM's MAC is the same as the host's MAC?

9 minutes ago, SoggyHippo said:

The vm should show up like a device aswell, just give it the ip of the vm. 

Just now, Windows7ge said:

This is just a guess but I think the issue may be that the VM could be sharing the MAC of the host so the router can't distinguish the two as independent machines on the network.

the vm will have its own mac if it has a seprate ip., can't really share the mac.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

The MAC address is different. Also, the MAC address for the device in the XFI app is the MAC address for UNRAID.

Your Network Bridge in UnRAID is of the Public type, not Private, right?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

4 minutes ago, SoggyHippo said:

The MAC address is different. Also, the MAC address for the device in the XFI app is the MAC address for UNRAID.

That would indicate the VM's MAC isn't being passed though. I don't use UnRAID though so I can't offer more OS specific support.

23 minutes ago, brwainer said:

Your Network Bridge in UnRAID is of the Public type, not Private, right?

So i was just going to check on that and now it says port 1 is down. Also, it says I can't edit network settings now due to vms and docker service even though I havn't used docker service and all vms are off.

14 minutes ago, SoggyHippo said:

So i was just going to check on that and now it says port 1 is down. Also, it says I can't edit network settings now due to vms and docker service even though I havn't used docker service and all vms are off.

Fixed that issue; how do i see if the bridge it pudblic not private?