Couch co-op platformers

i-ongei

Okay, hi.

I'd love to get some recommendations about some PC platformers. My kid siblings are just getting into gaming and I'm trying to find some good ones for them. They are currently playing A Hat in Time and loving it. Any suggestions for some more couch coop platformers or coop games in general?

thanks

Battleblock Theater will always be my coop (2D) platformer game of choice.

Although I have not played a lot of those sorts of games though. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Battleblock Theater will always be my coop (2D) platformer coop game of choice. 

TFW you're typing the response but you're too slow ????

+1 For Battleblock Theater

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Here are a few:

- Brothers: a tale of two sons

- the Trine series

- BroForce

- the Ori series (not sure if it's co-op though)

- the Metal Slug series

- Overcooked 

- the Rayman series

- the platform Tomb Raider series

- the Worms series

- the platform Halo series

Sorry I don't have the actual titles of the Halo and TR platformers in mind.

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

TFW you're typing the response but you're too slow ????

+1 For Battleblock Theater

It's just the first game to come to my mind for this purpose! Friendly to beginners and advanced players.. Lots of levels and a great sense of humor!

Speaking of which.. Portal! (I know 2 is great for coop, not sure about 1) are also great coop platformer games, with a larger focus on puzzles too.

I would totally go ahead and recommend Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emmisary right now, but the request was PC games..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Apparently Guacamelee games have great co-op. Also +1 for Trine.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

52 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I would totally go ahead and recommend Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emmisary right now, but the request was PC games..

Brawlhalla would suffice nicely. Especially for kid siblings. Plus it's free.

I'd also recommend practically any Lego game, Cuphead, Human Fall Flat, Gang Beasts, Castle Crashers and more than anything in the entire gaming world, Ultimate Chicken Horse.