Aperture problem FD 50mm 1.4

Hello everybody,

So recently I acquired a Canon A-1 with a 50mm 1.4 (FDn).

I started playing around with the aperture, and I noticed that the aperture blades wouldn't change from 11 to 22. The size was always the same, and 1.4 seemed a bit too small. 

Any idea what it could be? (And yes, the stop-down lever was engaged)

Thanks in advance.

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Have you replaced the battery? Also when you rotate the aptiture ring does it feel sticky or mushy?

These are roughly 50+ year old lenses so if you havent taken it in to get serviced it could be dust or mildew affecting its function.