Rust Ban

Hello,  my friend's steam account was stolen and the while the steam support was answering  guy who stole it was playing Rust When he got his account back it had Game ban. When he asked Rust support for ban apeal they said they will not restore account. And i heard that Easy Anti Cheat ban is by hard drive and if my friend will buy a new account will it also get ban?

P.s.My Friend have never used any cheats in Rust so his PC is clear.

1 minute ago, PASHKA said:

Hello,  my friend's steam account was stolen and the while the steam support was answering  guy who stole it was playing Rust When he got his account back it had Game ban. When he asked Rust support for ban apeal they said they will not restore account. And i heard that Easy Anti Cheat ban is by hard drive and if my friend will buy a new account will it also get ban?

P.s.My Friend have never used any cheats in Rust so his PC is clear.

Yes.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

Yes.

What he need to do to play Rust again?

49 minutes ago, PASHKA said:

He can try a new account on a new HDD or SSD with a fresh install of Windows, but some companies do HWID by motherboard not just HDD so it may not work. But some who have done it have gotten it to work again, he has 3 chances to get it appealed so he can try talking to their support again.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 hour ago, PASHKA said:

I would say, make better decisions...

ban.png.b3c74699e918632a5f9e29d23972a3d7.png

While someone may not agree or understand a ban and a decision to not restore an account and may want to play a game again, a ban is given from the information of what actually took place with the account. People can say what happened all they want, that doesn't mean that's what actually happened. Your friend has most likely left out a little bit of valuable information. Unless your friend can provide some type of proof to back up his story, his gaming in Rust has been put to an end.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I would say, make better decisions...

ban.png.b3c74699e918632a5f9e29d23972a3d7.png

While someone may not agree or understand a ban and a decision to not restore an account and may want to play a game again, a ban is given from the information of what actually took place with the account. People can say what happened all they want, that doesn't mean that's what actually happened. Your friend has most likely left out a little bit of valuable information. Unless your friend can provide some type of proof to back up his story, his gaming in Rust has been put to an end.

Screenshots of talking to steam support for 27 hours?
Or emails from 2nd email address about steam account details changed?

1 minute ago, PASHKA said:

Screenshots of talking to steam support for 27 hours? Or emails from 2nd email address about steam account details changed?

Not sure what you're asking here.

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Not sure what you're asking here.

He;s stating what his friend has to show what happened. Can't help alas but if true, (sounds like it probably is), this is a pretty sucky tbh.

7 hours ago, CarlBar said:

He;s stating what his friend has to show what happened. Can't help alas but if true, (sounds like it probably is), this is a pretty sucky tbh.

You don't think Steam is fully aware of 27 hours of conversation and a few emails about changes to an account? You don't think they have detailed information about all that stuff? Not to mention, the information this so called friend is leaving out?

2 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

You don't think Steam is fully aware of 27 hours of conversation and a few emails about changes to an account? You don't think they have detailed information about all that stuff? Not to mention, the information this so called friend is leaving out?

It's rust that banned him, not steam so what steam knows is kinda besides the point.

17 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

It's rust that banned him, not steam so what steam knows is kinda besides the point.

You don't think Rust is provided with information from Steam? Not to mention, the information this so called friend is leaving out?

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

You don't think Rust is provided with information from Steam? Not to mention, the information this so called friend is leaving out?

Given what i've seen happen, (and for that mater non-ban related support issues i've had and i know others have had), no they don't get info from steam. There's plenty of stories out there of steam going "this isn't our problem go to the developer" on a game account support issue.

16 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Given what i've seen happen, (and for that mater non-ban related support issues i've had and i know others have had), no they don't get info from steam. There's plenty of stories out there of steam going "this isn't our problem go to the developer" on a game account support issue.

Then obviously any evidence of innocence should be given to the Rust developers. If it's relevant to the actual cause for the ban, then by all means, bring it to the attention of the Rust developers so that they can bring it to the attention of whoever is in charge of appeals. If... such information exists, that is.

16 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Then obviously any evidence of innocence should be given to the Rust developers. If it's relevant to the actual cause for the ban, then by all means, bring it to the attention of the Rust developers so that they can bring it to the attention of whoever is in charge of appeals. If... such information exists, that is.

Obviously, the issue of course in many cases is getting developers to listen. I've run into more than a few examples of people getting problems, (again not necessarily ban related), where the developer sticks to their guns even when the consumer is in the right. It's a running issue alas.

Ever tried to talking to Uplay support... the most useless bunch of idiots I've ever encountered... Not capable of pulling the stick from their arse let alone fixing a problem.

Not gonna help OP... but they're just a drop in the ocean of companies that have a 'not my problem' attitude and no sense of responsibility or rational thinking when it comes to dealing with customer issues.

Send them proof of the account hack, ask them to verify IP info of user accessing the game... as well as hardware ID's they may use... and see if it matches. Either they're capable of acting reasonably or they're not... and either the 'friend' is being honest, or they're not.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

4 hours ago, CarlBar said:

getting developers to listen

Developers in general or the Rust developers?

3 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Ever tried to talking to Uplay support...

Yea, once. They just made me go through the most basic and easy to have already performed troubleshooting steps you could think of to get The Division to stop stuttering. Turned out I fixed it myself just by realizing that I capped my fps inside the game and in MSI Afterburner. When you do that it makes a stutter appear randomly in random intervals. The bright side is that I now know that and I guess I could say that at least UPlay listened and responded.

4 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Send them proof of the account hack, ask them to verify IP info of user accessing the game... as well as hardware ID's they may use... and see if it matches. Either they're capable of acting reasonably or they're not... and either the 'friend' is being honest, or they're not.

I would think they've already done this and most likely found out that a lie has taken place, thus the reason for the ban remaining. They have no reason whatsoever to continue with any type of appeal process when they have this type of information. They don't waste that type of time. At least, this is just a thought.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Developers in general or the Rust developers?

In general, don't play rust, don't even know precisely what it is. But whilst there are good developers out there, honestly there's a ton that are just bad generally.

4 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I would think they've already done this and most likely found out that a lie has taken place, thus the reason for the ban remaining. They have no reason whatsoever to continue with any type of appeal process when they have this type of information. They don't waste that type of time. At least, this is just a thought.

No company is ever going to do an ounce of work to resolve an issue... it's down to the person with the issue to pursue it, provide any and all evidence to support their argument and force them to take it seriously.  All any company will do is sit back, stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALALALALALALALALA until they are forced to not ignore it anymore.

My current cluster fuck with Uplay.. bought a game, not in my list, can't download it... complain... get told to wait... they've taken my money... simply reply that I should wait... say they're escalating it but I know from experience it takes weeks for anything to get fucking done with those arse clowns... So I gave them until 5pm today to resolve it... t hey failed. Filed paypal claim.... Not the first time I've had to resort to that with those fuckers... If not for the fact the game was so ridiculously cheap I wouldn't have even considered buying it... but 85% off means I get it for a few pounds instead of the £60 or more they want for a fucking game.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

2 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

bought a game, not in my list, can't download it... complain... get told to wait... they've taken my money... Filed paypal claim...

Where and from who did you buy the game?

4 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Where and from who did you buy the game?

You quote me... and leave out the part where I said Uplay... it was the very word before the part you quoted.  :)

2 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

You quote me... and leave out the part where I said Uplay... it was the very word before the part you quoted.

It's possibly to buy UPlay games from different places than UPlay.

What game did you buy that didn't show up in your list?