Buy a Hyperkin Duke or keep my X360 controller?

Automobili3XF

I've been using a standard Xbox 360 on my PC for quite a while, 3 years or so, and sometimes i do wish it was a bit larger, when i play for an extended period of time my hands get really tired, i also tried borrowing an Xbox One controller and a Gamesir G4S (both have the same shape) but those feel even smaller.

One of these days i came across the Hyperkin Duke which is clearly based on the original Xbox duke controller and i've been considering buying one since.

What do you guys think of it? Is it a good option for a guy with larger hands or should i just keep my classic X360 controller?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Just use a 360 controller.

I love the OG xbox, but the Duke is excessive.

I use a 360 controller no problem and my hands are 19.5 x 10 cm

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

22 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Just use a 360 controller.

I love the OG xbox, but the Duke is excessive.

I use a 360 controller no problem and my hands are 19.5 x 10 cm

I love your Kiryu profile pic, it just so happens i'm playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 atm.

My hands are 19 x 11cm, so pretty much the same, the face buttons are fine but the triggers feel bit too close to my palms so i have to bend my fingers somewhat to activate them properly.

And my controller is wireless, so the battery box is always on the way of the rest of my fingers.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

10 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I love your Kiryu profile pic, it just so happens i'm playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 atm.

My hands are 19 x 11cm, so pretty much the same, the face buttons are fine but the triggers feel bit too close to my palms so i have to bend my fingers somewhat to activate them properly.

And my controller is wireless, so the battery box is always on the way of the rest of my fingers.

Good to see a Yakuza fan in the wild.

If the battery box is a problem, I would recommend an xbox one controller. Not to mention the triggers  are way bigger

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Good to see a Yakuza fan in the wild.

If the battery box is a problem, I would recommend an xbox one controller. Not to mention the triggers  are way bigger

Yeah, i tried an original one and a Gamesir clone and both just don't feel right for me, the triggers are even harder to manage...

I bought a Hyperkin Duke because it was on sale and as a backup controller for parties. Cool to have, not the best thing to game on. Also it's wired with no wireless.

11 hours ago, Great98 said:

Also it's wired with no wireless. 

That's what sorta holding me up from getting one.

But you see, its always been a struggle for me to get a wireless controller working on my computer, so far the only one suitable for long term use was the aforementioned X360 controller, which at this point is getting too old (the analog sticks are feeling pretty loose and the body of the controller has become slippery).

I sit about 3m away from the computer, even though i have a decent bluetooth module on my mobo (ASRock X370 Professional) it still doesn't seem strong enough to keep a steady connection with my bluetooth controllers, be it the Dualshock 4 or an Xbox One controller, which is kinda weird since both work correctly on their original platforms.

This constant interference seems to originate from waves out of a meteorological dish antenna that just a few years ago was installed right across the street from my house.

I also have this GameSir G4S that i had bought to use with my cellphone and PS3, it works better than those other two but also casually has a few signal drops, which can be quickly remedied by using an usb extender lead to bring its receiver more in line with the controller itself, which is also quickly countered by the fact that the controller itself has a pretty poor battery life and needs constant charging.