Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minasmorgoul

Looking for an adapter but...?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys I am trying to find an adaptor that gets the right jack to be like the left one. Any idea where I can find it or if it even exists or if anyone of you know what's the exact names of these types of jack so I can look further for them? Thanks in advance! 

IMG_20190611_163849.jpg

The right cable is 4 pin 3.5MM, always known as TRRS, AUX, jack, etc. (the 4 pin part being important, if you look for 3.5mm, aux or jack). That is typically to connect a headset (or whatever microphone+speaker/headphone combo) to your devices (like a laptop).

The other side (left) looks to me like a 2.5mm jack, a TRS variety. This is usually on the audio device side, I am not that familiar with it so I am not sure if it carries microphone too.

What kind of a device is this for?

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thank you for your response mate. So my mother used the jack on the left to connect to a telephone (land-line) using it basically as a hands free. The headset broke and I bought her the one on the right. Problem is the new one is too big for the hole on the telephone so I am trying to find an adaptor for it (if that even exists) 

2 hours ago, Minasmorgoul said:

Thank you for your response mate. So my mother used the jack on the left to connect to a telephone (land-line) using it basically as a hands free. The headset broke and I bought her the one on the right. Problem is the new one is too big for the hole on the telephone so I am trying to find an adaptor for it (if that even exists) 

does the one on the right fit on to your phone?

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> monoprice monolith Alex Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, AKG k240, AKG k52

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,

Bluetooth headphones I use: AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1060 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Hi, it looks like you need a TRS to TRRS adapter like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Cable-Little-Blinks-Microphone/dp/B01M0VN5W7/

The male side should be TRS (3-pin) to plug into the phone while the TRRS (4-pin) side should be female for your new headset to plug into. Just be careful which type of adapter you are buying: I read that Apple patented its own TRRS (4-pin) layout where they switched Mic and Ground, so make sure you get the right one for the headset you have.

EDIT: I forgot to think about the way the landline handles the inputs. Since it is a telephone, there might be a mic channel in the 3-pin config. In that case you would probably need to use the adapter, cut the cable and connect (solder) the right cables back together so that all channels are matching. That is of course unless you find a specialized adapter that already does the job.