Case with good airflow?

ViciousFate

I'm wondering what case i should get because my Phanteks P400s has terrible airflow.

I have a 240mm kraken x62 on the front and would prefer to have it there and i would like if i could change it to a push and pull in the future as i only have a push config now.

My gpu is 327mm (rtx 2080 gaming x trio)

ATX motherboard

Corsair rm850x (ATX)

120mm on the back, 2 140mm on the top and 2 140mm fans on the front mounted to the x62

I don't like "cheap" cases and would rather have a case made out of steel than plastic. I do care about the aesthetics but as i can't define "good looking" for everyone i'd still give it a look and a consider.

I've been looking at meshify c but it only enables me to have a 315mm gpu and thats without the radiator. I know there's the meshify s2 but it's huge and even if it would fit in id need more fans to keep the temperature as good as a compact case even if it's just some degrees difference. I don't mind a bigger case but this one is huge from what i've seen in a video.

The other case i've been looking at is NZXT H700 and it looks beautiful and easy to build in but i don't like the fact that the intakes are only on the sides of the front panel and on the top panel. It only worries me that the airflow won't be that good, but i don't know and would like if anyone could give me information about that.

EDIT:

Just discovered silverstone rl06, dunno anything about it but the thermals is even better than the meshify but that's as much as i know...

You already covered what are arguably the 2 best airflow focused cases out there, the Meshify and Meshify S2...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

You already covered what are arguably the 2 best airflow focused cases out there, the Meshify and Meshify S2...

Damn... i guess that would have to be on my list then if nothing else would be optimal.

Just now, ViciousFate said:

Damn... i guess that would have to be on my list then if nothing else would be optimal.

The S2 is big for an ATX tower, but IIRC it also added E-ATX support and much better water cooling support. I'd shoot for it.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

other than mesh cases like the meshify series, you can mod several cases to have mesh front front panels. I got a cheap steel chinese case about a year ago with a glass front panel which i replaced with mesh

Just now, Derrk said:

other than mesh cases like the meshify series, you can mod several cases to have mesh front front panels. I got a cheap steel chinese case about a year ago with a glass front panel which i replaced with mesh

Interesting, sounds like a hassle though?

Depends on the case, and how OCD you are.

I've toyed with the idea, but materials cost to do it properly always outweighed simply buying a nicer case.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ViciousFate said:

i did in about a day for around $20. I can add pictures if you want, but basically i bought fine steel mesh, made a wooden frame and painted it all black

Just now, Derrk said:

i did in about a day for around $20. I can add pictures if you want, but basically i bought fine steel mesh, made a wooden frame and painted it all black

I would love to see it ?

4 minutes ago, ViciousFate said:

I would love to see it ?

The first two images are the final product.

The next is how it looks when its connected to the plastic front panel

The last image is just the mesh & the wood frame i made... Originally i tried to glue the wood frame to the front panel with wood glue but it didn't stick, so at the moment it's just resting in the grooves the glass used to sit in. I've been too lazy to use another adhesive but it wouldn't be hard

20190610_210447.jpg

20190610_210239.jpg

20190610_210356.jpg

20190610_210409.jpg

2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

The first two images are the final product.

The next is how it looks when its connected to the plastic front panel

The last image is just the mesh & the wood frame i made... Originally i tried to glue the wood frame to the front panel with wood glue but it didn't stick, so at the moment it's just resting in the grooves the glass used to sit in. I've been too lazy to use another adhesive but it wouldn't be hard

20190610_210447.jpg

20190610_210239.jpg

20190610_210356.jpg

20190610_210409.jpg

Looks good, did you notice a lot of difference with the thermals?

Looks good, did you notice a lot of difference with the thermals?

i didn't do any proper testing to record temps before i did the change, but now my gpu stays below 45c and my cpu rarely touches 60c. I don't think i needed to do this mod, but i've become somewhat obsessive over my thermals 

13 hours ago, ViciousFate said:

I'm wondering what case i should get because my Phanteks P400s has terrible airflow.

As a side note Phanteks is coming out with he P400A which has an entirely mesh front instead of solid. They will hopefully be selling the panels separately as an upgrade for existing P400 users around August. Unless you're completely sick of the P400 and want something different

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25