Asus ROG Thor vs Corsair hx750i

w33dhit

Hello !

So lets get to it.

Asus rog thor 850 has single ray but cool rgb effects also it support the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) " cables that i have ( as far as i know ). The main problem is the 24 pin thing fits on motherboard but not in the hx750i that i currently own. It has like 1 or two extra like output "pins" wich the hx750i dont have.. so, here i am asking you guys:

Asus rog thor 850 ( single ray )

( no wattage display, or it is but my corsair crystal 570x psu cover hides it thinking of modifying the case though )

Or

Rm850x v2 ( i like icue cause i got corsair commander pro, 4x ll120 fans, 2x ll140 on top, corsair m65 mouse, k95 platinum keyboard. So uknow all in one.. in other words wattage will be displayed in icue since im going to sli )

Also any recommendations ( top quality ) for my "Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4)" would be insanely appreciated !!!)

Here are my specs.

Case: corsair crystal 570x

Mobo: asus maximus x hero

Cpu: i9 9900k

Gpu: evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3 ( second one here any moment )

Psu: corsair hx750i

Storage: samsung 970 pro, and 970 plus

Thanks !!!!! :)

25 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

also it support the " Corsair Premium  individually sleeved pro ki t (Type 4 Generation 4) " cables  that i have

Who tf told you that? The Asus ROG Thor uses the Seasonic pinout, which is definitely not the same. 

Are you considering replacing your HX750i? Why?

Edited by seon123
Autocorrect being autocorrect

:)

23 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

Hello !

So lets get to it.

Asus rog thor 850 has single ray but cool rgb effects also it support the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) " cables that i have ( as far as i know ).

Then you "know" wrong.

Asus ROG uses the Seasonic pinout.  Not Corsair's.

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

39 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Then you "know" wrong.

Asus ROG uses the Seasonic pinout.  Not Corsair's.

https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

I ordered an seperate cable kit from corsair wich does not dit the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) " kit. Look at their website. As i said the 24 pin thingy wich u usually connect below on the right side on the mobo fits, but the cable on the other side wich is supposed to go to the psu ( 24 atx something ) it doed not fit cause the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) ) got 2 rxtra pin that does not fit on the back side on the psu i cannot explain it more simple :( the asus rog thor is compatible with this cable from corsiar it has 2 xtra pins for thar connection, hx750i does not..... aslo the corsair ax series support it. " its called " corsair generarion 4 cables "

38 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

I ordered an seperate cable kit from corsair wich does not dit the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) " kit. Look at their website. As i said the 24 pin thingy wich u usually connect below on the right side on the mobo fits, but the cable on the other side wich is supposed to go to the psu ( 24 atx something ) it doed not fit cause the " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit (Type 4 Generation 4) ) got 2 rxtra pin that does not fit on the back side on the psu i cannot explain it more simple :( the asus rog thor is compatible with this cable from corsiar it has 2 xtra pins for thar connection, hx750i does not..... aslo the corsair ax series support it. " its called " corsair generarion 4 cables "

I don't know what you're going on about... 

Corsair does not make cables for Seasonic PSUs.

Type 3, Type 4, etc. are made for Corsair PSUs.  Not EVGA, not Asus, not Seasonic.....

Yeah.. they might physically fit.  But they're not the same pinout.

I linked you to the @CableMod website to show you that even CableMod lists TWO DIFFERENT SET OF CABLES for both Corsair and Asus.  The Asus one using Seasonic cables.... NOT CORSAIR.

I can't link you to Corsair's site showing that Corsair and Seasonic/EVGA are two different sets of cables because CORSAIR DOESN'T MAKE CABLESFOR SEASONIC PSUs.

You can't buy cables made for one PSU and expect them to work with another.   

Keep it up and you're going to fry your components.

37 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

the asus rog thor is compatible with this cable from corsiar

SAYS WHO?!?

This thread is actually more confusing than it looks, I get it that OP confused cable compatibility between Corsair and ASUS (Seasonic Rebrand) but what exactly he wants? new cables? if so like Cablemod is probably the way to do, I don't understand why drag different PSU manufactures into the table.

OP Has money to waste on deadSLI in 2019 and overpriced garbage ASUS Maximus Hero board, adding the correct CableMod cables shouldn't be that difficult.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

CORSAIR DOESN'T MAKE CABLESFOR SEASONIC PSUs.

what did you make for ax then?

op: I'd believe this guy... he is head psu design

at corsair...

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

what did you make for ax then?

op: I'd believe this guy... he is head psu design

at corsair...

AX Titanium uses Type 4.  Not Seasonic pinout. 

Old AX Platinum used Type 4, but Seasonic 24-pin.

Asus uses all Seasonic pinout. 

40 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

This thread is actually more confusing than it looks, I get it that OP confused cable compatibility between Corsair and ASUS (Seasonic Rebrand) but what exactly he wants? new cables? if so like Cablemod is probably the way to do, I don't understand why drag different PSU manufactures into the table.

OP Has money to waste on deadSLI in 2019 and overpriced garbage ASUS Maximus Hero board, adding the correct CableMod cables shouldn't be that difficult.

He had a Corsair PSU before.  Now he has an Asus and wants to use the cables he bought for his Corsair. 

I have an Asus ROG PSU here, and the cables physically fit.  But the pinout is different. 

Then he says something about the OLED on the Asus not working, but I'm guessing that's because he's using the wrong cables and has already fried his new PSU. 

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Asus uses all Seasonic pinout

only differences are heatsinks, fan and enclosure, right?

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

only differences are heatsinks, fan and enclosure, right?

Actually, the layout is a little different. 

2 hours ago, w33dhit said:

Rm850x v2 ( i like icue cause i got corsair commander pro, 4x ll120 fans, 2x ll140 on top, corsair m65 mouse, k95 platinum keyboard. So uknow all in one.. in other words wattage will be displayed in icue since im going to sli )

The RMx does not have Corsair link functionality to work with icue software.

You would need the RMi, HXi, or AXi.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Okay okay hang on a minute.

Nr 1. I currently have corsair hx750i

Nr 2. I bought these:

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/premium-individually-sleeved-psu-cable-kit-pro-package-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920152

The " big atx 24 pin " does not fit into my current hx750i psu ok? 

Nr. 3 ( my question to u guys ) the asus rog thor IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE 24 ATX PING THINGY ) Wich my current hx750i.

Please help :(

Oh and also i used my old cables wich came with my hx750i in my new build pc starts but no signal on screen i tried hdmi cable , g sync cable , my asus pg279q and my tv.... zzzzzzz. 

woops, wrong thread :D

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

Nr 2. I bought these:

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/premium-individually-sleeved-psu-cable-kit-pro-package-type-4-generation-3-config/p/CP-8920152

Nr. 3 ( my question to u guys ) the asus rog thor IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE 24 ATX PING THINGY ) Wich my current hx750i.

Oh and also i used my old cables wich came with my hx750i in my new build pc starts but no signal on screen i tried hdmi cable , g sync cable , my asus pg279q and my tv.... zzzzzzz. 

The HX750i uses Corsair Type 3 cables, which you could have found out with 10 seconds of research. 

Just because a cable physically fits doesn't mean it's electrically compatible. Same way you can't shove a lightbulb into the hole of a donut and expect it to light up. 

Did you use the HX750i cables in your new ROG Thor? Or did you use the HX750i cables with your HX750i, and you just have boot issues?

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Same way you can't shove a lightbulb into the hole of a donut and expect it to light up. 

Best analogy I heard this entire month, wtf lmao ??

@w33dhit definitely a lot of confusion going on here.

The HXi PSU you have would be Type 3 compatibility, the RMx would be Type 4 compatibility. The ASUS Thor units are Seasonic rebrands though, so recent Seasonic cables would work for those as Seasonic has standardized their pinouts. As @jonnyGURU mentioned though, Corsair of course does not sell those.

We have a breakdown of compatibility between all those PSUs if you're curious:

https://store.cablemod.com/compatibility/

Our AXi, HXi, RM series would be Type 3, and our RMi, RMx series would be Type 4 for additional help.

16 hours ago, w33dhit said:

Nr 2. I bought these:

Ok.  Still only as clear as mud, but I think we get it.

So, as been said:

#1:  HX750i uses type 3 cables.   

#2:  Those are Type 4 cables.  That means all of the cables are the same as Type 3, EXCEPT for the 24-pin.  You would need a different 24-pin to work with your HX750i.

#3:  The Asus ROG Thor is NOT made by Corsair.  Therefore, those cables will NOT work with that PSU.

Bonus question:

See, you don't type complete thoughts when you talk to us, so that's why we get confused....  

If the "new build" is the one with the Asus ROG and you just plugged in the Type 3 cables that came with your HX750i into it, you're only going to get "tv... zzzzz".  You're lucky if you didn't fry something in the process.

Alright sorry for my bad english and here is my last attempt to ask again.

Updated.

I have ordered asus rog thor 850. Its coming in a few days.

I currently own these cables  " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit ( Type 4 Generation 4 ) "  

Are these corsair cables compatible with asus rog thor 850 ?

I will find out in some days but i want to be sure that using corsair cables wont damage for example my gpu, and other components wich are connected from rog thor with the corsair cables.

Alternatively anyone got some sick case mod cables sites to recommend ? Or other snacks ? Would be bomb !

6 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

No.
You will need to use the cables that come with the Asus ROG Thor. Using other cables may damage your PSU or other components in your system.

7 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

Alternatively anyone got some sick case mod cables sites to recommend ?

Check cablemod website. They stock cables compatible with the Asus ROG Thor. Also @CableMod should be able to help if you have any questions regarding their cables or compatibility.

22 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

I have ordered asus rog thor 850. Its coming in a few days.

I currently own these cables  " Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro kit ( Type 4 Generation 4 ) "  

No!!!! just use the ones that come with the PSU. Don't know why you are so hell bent on using those cables with all the different PSUs you have. If you ordered the Asus ROG Thor just use the cables it comes with. The corsair cables will NOT work with it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Let him fry his shit. 

He's been told twenty times that Corsair cables don't work with Asus or Seasonic power supplies.  Stop wasting your time on him. 

OK let me simplified maybe it will work 

Corsair cables Type 4:

Asus Thor X

Corsair PSU that uses Type 4 √

Or any kind of model X

17 hours ago, Oalei said:

OK let me simplified maybe it will work 

Corsair cables Type 4:

Asus Thor X

Corsair PSU that uses Type 4 √

Or any kind of model X

Even his HXi could use his new cables.  He can either buy just a new 24-pin cable, or do what I did:

20190225_110234.thumb.jpg.9020ed43ad93c33f9542241a7a2da00c.jpg