Looking for BYOC monitor

YiamiYo

Hiho, everyone!

So, I'll be flying from Europe with my microATX system and I'd like to avoid also having to bring my own monitor for BYOC. Worst case scenario I'll just buy a cheapo used one in Vancouver, but I'm looking for a better solution.

I've seen several posts of people saying they'll just bring one monitor due to desk space. Is there anyone willing to lend or even rent to me their second monitor for the weekend? We could arrange to sit nearby in the upcoming seat selection, if that would ease your mind.

This will be my first lan party ever (and of course LTX); I'm so excited! It will also be my first time outside Europe, so I'll spend about 2-3 weeks in Canada. I'll probably take the train to Prince George and enjoy the scenery. Does anyone know if there are safe lockers at the train station or somewhere, so I could travel a bit lighter?

Last question (pinky promise): Which carrier has good coverage suitable for my trip? Any sane plans? I'm only interested for data.

PS: I'll be bringing plenty of Pokemon, especially from Go Fest Dortmund. Hit me up, if you also play PoGO and want to trade.

I'm in a similar situation as you in reference to your need for a monitor I've got my mITX system built and I need a portable monitor, but I'm not sure which one will be the best.  It seems every portable monitor I look at always has a few reviews from people saying the portable monitor they bought doesn't work anymore.  

Where are you traveling from?  I'm coming from Stuttgart, DE. 

I'm from Athens, Greece.

This actually makes me think... What are the restrictions for BYOC? I've only been to LAN's were 2 outlets was the limit; no additional power strips allowed. On top of that limited to 1 monitor per seat.

Looking at the rules; it seems your limit is the desk size?

Screenshot from 2019-06-14 10-25-42.png

You might have luck with Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, or Offer Up. There are a good amount of computer stores in Vancouver; Memory Express being a hot spot. All my spare monitors got acquired in recent months.

Maybe contact Freegeek considering they are helping out with bits at LTX. 

Normally you buy things from them but you may be able to agree to rent one for the weekend. 

CPU: i5 3570
Mobo: P8Z77-V LK
Drives: 1TB 850 Evo,1TB 840 Evo
Graphics Card: 970 Strix

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm flying and don't have a way to bring either of my ultrawides, I'm planning on just buying a cheap monitor and bringing it home with me.