Go to solution Solved by Serafin,
On 6/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

The 2060 is hella good and more powerful than the max q, the laptop is flawless

On 6/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

Msi is amazing when it comes to build quality and customer support too

Thanks for the explanation.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Clevo models from dreammachines.pl and hyperbook.pl:

Clevo PB51RF-G/EF-G (2070) - not thin and light but around 2.5kg, ~5 hrs battery life (Optimus)

Clevo P970RN/RF/RD, P970EN/EF/ED - around 2.5kg, ~5 hrs battery life

Clevo P960RN/RF/RD, P960EN/EF/ED

WIth 2060 or higher GPU:

MSI GS75 / P75 - 17 inch

Acer Predator Triton 500 / ConceptD 7

MSI GS65 / P65

Asus GL504GV - not thin and light but around 2.5kg, ~6 hrs battery life

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check all the models, but so far based on all opinions MSI seems to be good choice. 

Hi,

I am looking for a slim gaming laptop that I can use in office and after that play games i.e. Total War or CyberPunk2077. I often work outside of my office so I was thinking about Alienware m15 or Asus Zephyrus S due to size and weight. Could you give me your recommendations?

Thanks in advance

The only gaming laptop that I’ve seen that is office friendly is the Razer Blade 15 in the white version. If you’re at like an IT office or gaming studio then the zephyrus or M15 would be fine. If you’re not, I would recommend leaving those at home and grabbing like an LG Gram for work.

Location? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs? Any preference on battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, Serafin said:

Hi,

I am looking for a slim gaming laptop that I can use in office and after that play games i.e. Total War or CyberPunk2077. I often work outside of my office so I was thinking about Alienware m15 or Asus Zephyrus S due to size and weight. Could you give me your recommendations?

Thanks in advance

I had an Alienware m15 a couple of months back and I loved it. You wouldn't believe such a thin and sleek laptop would pack so much power under the hood and still carry that Alienware DNA in its design which is not as flashy as it bigger brother Alienware models since this is the thin and light version, it doesn't have the flashy lights and whatnot which might actually be a good thing if you're going to use it in an office environment.

I bought mine from HIDevolution and had them repaste it with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal pads to keep the temps in check. I also ordered it with the 90WHr battery to have more battery life although that upgrades eliminates the 2,.5 inch slot for a conventional HDD/SSD and you'd have to stick to the two m.2 SATA SSDs (supports NVMe)

you'd get Dell's excellent on site support as standard and lifetime tech support from HIDevolution + their added quality control to ensure you'll get a laptop that works perfectly.

Take a look at the models here and order it with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut like I did: Alienware m15 Models

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

On 6/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Location? Budget? Preferred max weight in kg/lbs? Any preference on battery life?

I'm from Poland. Budget around 2500 Eur. Weight also around 2,5 kg is fine. Battery life at least 5 h would be nice.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, Sorenson said:

The only gaming laptop that I’ve seen that is office friendly is the Razer Blade 15 in the white version. If you’re at like an IT office or gaming studio then the zephyrus or M15 would be fine. If you’re not, I would recommend leaving those at home and grabbing like an LG Gram for work.

I thought about Razor but I heard that quality is often an issue. I will check LG.

22 hours ago, Ultra Male said:

I had an Alienware m15 a couple of months back and I loved it. You wouldn't believe such a thin and sleek laptop would pack so much power under the hood and still carry that Alienware DNA in its design which is not as flashy as it bigger brother Alienware models since this is the thin and light version, it doesn't have the flashy lights and whatnot which might actually be a good thing if you're going to use it in an office environment.

I bought mine from HIDevolution and had them repaste it with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal pads to keep the temps in check. I also ordered it with the 90WHr battery to have more battery life although that upgrades eliminates the 2,.5 inch slot for a conventional HDD/SSD and you'd have to stick to the two m.2 SATA SSDs (supports NVMe)

you'd get Dell's excellent on site support as standard and lifetime tech support from HIDevolution + their added quality control to ensure you'll get a laptop that works perfectly.

Take a look at the models here and order it with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut like I did: Alienware m15 Models

I am a fan of Alienware since high school before they merged with Dell

8 hours ago, Serafin said:

I'm from Poland

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

On 6/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, Serafin said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance

whats your budget, check the acer nitro spin 5

it has a 8250u and a gtx 1050

go on YT, Dave2D did a review on it.

its also reasonably priced and doesnt loog agressive

if u have more money to spend then check the asus zephyrus g or asus gx501 (same thing)

or the xps 15 9570 they both pack a hell of a puch

Dave2D did a review on all of them

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores?

https://www.komputronik.pl/

https://www.x-kom.pl/

https://www.hitech.com.pl/

https://www.morele.net/

1 hour ago, MrConcrete04 said:

whats your budget, check the acer nitro spin 5

it has a 8250u and a gtx 1050

go on YT, Dave2D did a review on it.

its also reasonably priced and doesnt loog agressive

if u have more money to spend then check the asus zephyrus g or asus gx501 (same thing)

or the xps 15 9570 they both pack a hell of a puch

Dave2D did a review on all of them

Budget is 2500 EUR so around 2830 USD. 

On 6/10/2019 at 4:47 PM, Serafin said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance

If you care about non gamery looking laptop I would reccomend the razer blade 15 or the latest zephyrus G or M. The zephyrus S is an amazing choice but doesn't look like something you would use for work on the go with it's opening bottom lid. The alienware's are ussually given good ratings by reviewers so....

I hear the MSI GS65 has bad build quality so don't go there.

16 hours ago, Serafin said:

Nice, Never had any MSI products. Is the quality ok? Did you have any experience with customer service in case of problems? 

15 hours ago, Serafin said:

Also, how is 2060 compared to Q-Max?

A few things to add on, misinformation is going on here:

12 hours ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

razer blade 15 or the latest zephyrus G or M. The zephyrus S is an amazing choice but doesn't look like something you would use for work on the go with it's opening bottom lid. The alienware's are ussually given good ratings by reviewers so....

I hear the MSI GS65 has bad build quality so don't go there.

Razer laptops have terrible QC, Asus QC isn't great either

AWs have mediocre cooling solution

GS65 RTX don't have build quality issue anymore

12 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

Not 'amazing' considering that it has more inconsistent QC, potential build quality issues like broken hinge and not so great build quality in lower end models

10 minutes ago, MrConcrete04 said:

There is no Max-Q 2060

No laptop is flawless

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Serafin said:

Will get back to you soon

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Clevo PB51RF-G/EF-G (2070) - not thin and light but around 2.5kg, ~5 hrs battery life (Optimus)

WIth 2060 or higher GPU:

MSI GS75 / P75 - 17 inch

MSI GS65 / P65

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 6/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

On 6/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, MrConcrete04 said:

Thanks for the explanation.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

WIth 2060 or higher GPU:

MSI GS75 / P75 - 17 inch

MSI GS65 / P65

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check all the models, but so far based on all opinions MSI seems to be good choice.