5.25 ODD Slot Cases with USB-C and sounddampening

pApA^LeGBa

Is this really such a small niche, that i can basically only find the Define R6? No one using these anymore? I have no TV and lots of movies on DVD. And a very clean setup on my desk, i don´t want an external drive. Do i really have to stick with my old case if i want that?

Why aren´t they making it optional? Like you can have it and mount a 240 Rad or you can remove it and have a 360 rad. All i saw from computex on YT didn´t have a ODD slot.

It's all about them TG side panels yo!

What's your hesitation with the R6?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

i can basically only find the Define R6

Well, you did find one of the best cases out there. 

The alternative is to get a case with plenty of 5.25" bays and look for some sort of adapter or card reader that allows you to put a USB-C port in one of those bays. 

The only alternative to the Definre R6 is the Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2. Personally though I'd take the R6 over the 900 R.2

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Why aren´t they making it optional? Like you can have it and mount a 240 Rad or you can remove it and have a 360 rad.

ODD's are all but absolutely dead at this point. Eliminating it allows for less tooling in the manufacturing process and a cleaner user experience. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

ODD's are all but absolutely dead at this point.

Yeah.  Too bad though, because some people still rely on them. 

Sure, I could use an external Blu-ray burner and a HDD docking station, but then I'd be messing around with cables and external devices on a weekly basis.  It's just so much more convenient to open the front panel and have the optical drive and a pair of hotswap bays ready to be used whenever I need them.

Well, the R6 is a nice case. But a bit of variety would be nice.

@TVwazhere And no it is not absolutly dead. I am not the only one with this problem. Pretty much everyone i know and who has movies still does want a 5.25 ODD. I dunno about you guys, but many of my friends, family and colleagues don´t have a TV anymore. Also playing some classics every now and then would be nice without beeing forced to get a digital copy.

Starts to be the same like the 3.5mm jack at phones. Industry says no and everyone accepts it. Meh.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well, the R6 is a nice case. But a bit of variety would be nice.

Sound deadening itself is relatively niche. Fractal Design, be quiet! and some case models like Coolermaster Silencio series, which in itself is a small segment of the market. 

For example, the Cooelrmaster MC500M has a 5.25" bay and Type C (it comes with a front panel piece which I always recommend removing to free up the mesh airflow anyways)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Seeing the X570 Boards and the small fans, i guess silent cases could become way more popular. I sadly have a very loud GPU (zotac gtx1070mini) because the price was just amazing when i upgraded,  so silent cases are the way to go for me. I took the noise instead of having to go 1060.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Is this really such a small niche, that i can basically only find the Define R6? No one using these anymore? I have no TV and lots of movies on DVD. And a very clean setup on my desk, i don´t want an external drive. Do i really have to stick with my old case if i want that?

Why aren´t they making it optional? Like you can have it and mount a 240 Rad or you can remove it and have a 360 rad. All i saw from computex on YT didn´t have a ODD slot.

Check out the Corsair 678C.  Comes with all your requirements; (1) 5.25ODD, (6) 3.5 HDD but expandable to (8), USB Type C on IO panel, and sound damping.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I am bit confused. Over here in Austria i can find that case but the german corsair sites doesn´t say anything about a 5.25" slot tough. @Corsair Nick

On 6/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am bit confused. Over here in Austria i can find that case but the german corsair sites doesn´t say anything about a 5.25" slot tough. @Corsair Nick

It does have it, it's behind the front panel door on the case. There's no version of the 678C without it

Image result for Corsair 678C