Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magicpandajuice

Possible fried motherboard?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have an Inspiron 5675 prebuilt with a Ryan’s 5 1400 and a gtx 1060 6gb, I was running the CPU and gpu overclocked and in the middle of a game the system turned off, I tried resetting it and pressing the power button does nothing but turn on 2 of the molex powered fans I modded into the case, nothing directly connected to the motherboard does anything, I’ve cleared the cmos and even tried a different gpu, I was running the cpu at a pretty heavy 4 ghz OC with 1.45 volts on the core, I normally only run that for a short period though, is it possible I somehow fried the motherboard? Or maybe it’s another issue? The computer doesn’t play any sort of beep codes or show any sort of power button lights, the motherboard responds to nothing except a press from the power button which only turns on the power supply and that’s it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you turned the power supply off and retried after about 5 minutes?

 

Turn off your PSU, press your power button for about 15 seconds to drain your caps, wait 5 minutes, then turn your PSU back on and try again. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Have you turned the power supply off and retried after about 5 minutes?

 

Turn off your PSU, press your power button for about 15 seconds to drain your caps, wait 5 minutes, then turn your PSU back on and try again. 

Tried this, now the whole system is unresponsive, the molex fans also don’t power on and the USB ports don’t supply power (forgot to add in original post, the USB ports still provided power when the psu was turned on, even though they are connected to the motherboard

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magicpandajuice said:

Tried this, now the whole system is unresponsive, the molex fans also don’t power on and the USB ports don’t supply power (forgot to add in original post, the USB ports still provided power when the psu was turned on, even though they are connected to the motherboard

 

do you have a different power supply you could use to test with on the mobo? Just need to hook up the needed equipment to see if it boots, so 24 pin, EPS pin, GPU, and SSD/HDD if you're not using a m.2 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

do you have a different power supply you could use to test with on the mobo? Just need to hook up the needed equipment to see if it boots, so 24 pin, EPS pin, GPU, and SSD/HDD if you're not using a m.2 

Haha actually I made a mistake, somehow when I was messing with different connectors seeing what had power and what didn’t, I unplugged my power button, so when I drained the caps and tried to turn it on the button wasn’t connected, which is why nothing responded, I connected the button and everything worked fine, guess I just need to stop using that 4 ghz oc profile 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×