Low frames on Overwatch

Vakari

tl;dr: Hardware good, frames bad, no clue why???

Hello, I will preface this by saying I have tried my hardest to figure this out on my own and cant find the problem.

I am a varsity esports player for my college and I need to be able to run more than 144 frames at any time in Overwatch.

However recently my frames have been regularly dipping to 120 and even 90.

The following are my specs:

Windows 10 64b version 1903

Corsair CX600 PSU

GTX 1080ti

Ryzen 5 2600

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz

GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

222gb SSD with 12.9 free

Running on Fiber Optic Ethernet - 2ms ping, 911.46Mbps Down, 654.72Mbps Up 

No overclocking, windows performance set to high, all drivers up to date including bios, all lowest settings in game.

I've tried disk cleanup, Defrag, and Malware scans.

I really don't think I should be getting these numbers with my hardware, all of it is new as of this last Christmas except for the PSU.

If anyone has any clue I'd be in eternal debt.

If there is any information I have left out please let me know as well.

Thank you.

Lowering graphic settings doesn't help? As esport player, you aren't looking on how good game looks. You are looking for least distraction as possible. So everything to low and then raise those things that you feel are needed.

As for drivers. Unless you are playing newest AAA games constantly, you don't need to update GPU drivers. Your card is 2 years old. You are playing game that doesn't really get performance/graphic related updates. You don't need to have newest drivers as they can be the reason of issues. So roll version or two back. You can get almost year back with just Nvidia's own downloads. So if this has started recently, we can assume its drivers being a thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Lowering graphic settings doesn't help? As esport player, you aren't looking on how good game looks. You are looking for least distraction as possible. So everything to low and then raise those things that you feel are needed.

As for drivers. Unless you are playing newest AAA games constantly, you don't need to update GPU drivers. Your card is 2 years old. You are playing game that doesn't really get performance/graphic related updates. You don't need to have newest drivers as they can be the reason of issues. So roll version or two back. You can get almost year back with just Nvidia's own downloads. So if this has started recently, we can assume its drivers being a thing.

Yes lowest settings, I'll make sure to update that in my post thank you.

And I will try rolling back the driver and see if that helps, I've heard teammates have dropped frames upon updating the driver as well actually so hopefully that's it.

In overwatch graphics options set render scale from auto to 100 percent because on auto I will render at 4/5k and keep u around 120 FPS 

if ur a competitive player set everything to low and render scale to 100 and u will have around 250 FPS at all times 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

• 9 months later...

Had the same issue with the last nvidia driver, went back to one from a few months ago and everything worked fine except for the newer games that won't start anymore... Amazing technology in 2020 ^^