Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
genexis_x

[REVIEW] Lenovo Ideapad S540-14API (R5-3500U, Vega 8)

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Filled with so much info yet no pictures.

Because I don't have a good camera. Sorry about that, but future reviews will include pictures

Check out my laptop reviews here

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Check out my blog here

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

interesting...my one sreen look not 45 ntsc panel... same laptop and network card is "litte crab" also is not pm981a nvme ssd is skhynix ssd...so...they may shrink some of the part and put screen better...I guess I need buy ax200 later becuse that netword card are BS

Update: I bought an 8gb hyperx RAM from amazon, and i can confirm that it has hynix chip. It is 100% working and it is worth it, now I can use MATLAB without any sort of lag? .

I also bought a new 45w power adapter that is so tiny that it has 0 impact in may backpack. I hope to be helpful to someone, and sorry form my bad English ?

Hi guys, I have the same laptop, but bought in Europe, so as usual the price was %*&^*^ higher (about 700 usd). I have ryzen 5, 256gb ssd, and 8GB DDR4 RAM (one 4GB soldered on the board and one 4GB stick). 

I wanted to see if replacing the 4GB stick with a 16GB one would make a difference (primarily in terms of GPU performance). It says everywhere that I have dual-channel memory - in CPU-Z and also GPU-Z (it says the graphics memory bus is 128-bit, which could only happen if it WAS running in dual channel mode. I tested before I switched in Passmark performance test with the Memory bench and I had higher results overall with 20GB, but threaded performance was a lot lower (not 50% though). I tested graphics with Heaven from Unigine and the perf dropped from 35-36 fps to 32-33 fps, which is not as bad as I expected based on what I've seen online. 

Why does it say it's dual channel everywhere though? how could I overclock the GPU? Is it possible? 

BTW: Overall, this is a very solid laptop - well built, great performance, small bezels, etc. 

Thank you guys. 

Michal 

Guys! I am looking to buy this laptop mainly for programming. I sold a thinkpad e495 with ryzen 3500u and found that Ryzen 3500u is an excellent CPU and the fan noise is really low.

So I just want to make sure this laptop has the same behaviour, my main concern is while doing light web browsing or watching 1080p youtube videos the fan remains off, completely off or not. I am looking for the ryzen 3700u with 12gb of ram and 512 ssd. 

Thanks in advance!

Yesterday received my s540 copper with ryzen 3700u and I really like it. Fan noise is extremely low against my previous Thinkbook 13s and super happy with it. I am using in "Intelligent mode" but also I realized that in "cool and quiet" mode it also reduce fan noise and a little bit of performance but it is perfect for web browsing and youtube videos. I still need to test more games but overall the laptop is amazing for this price and setup.