`pc turns off then on

The_Real_Skeb

I have my PC turned off and then when I go to turn it on again, it turns on for a split second then turns off for about 2 seconds, then repeats the process. My power supply is also making a loud sound when I run a heavy game such as rocket league or Forza horizon 4 but I don't know what this means. I don't have another power supply and instead of buying a new one, id rather try to fix it and if I cant, then buy a new one. The current power supply I have is the Corsair CX750M semi-modular and it doesn't have the warranty anymore so I don't what to do. I'd prefer to video call on discord to show what happens or the current build I have it that changes anything. it has been running fine for a couple of months and then I started hearing the sound and now it doesn't even turn on. @me if you have a fix or want to call to see the problem.

Thank you

47 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

I have my PC turned off and then when I go to turn it on again, it turns on for a split second then turns off for about 2 seconds, then repeats the process. My power supply is also making a loud sound when I run a heavy game such as rocket league or Forza horizon 4 but I don't know what this means. I don't have another power supply and instead of buying a new one, id rather try to fix it and if I cant, then buy a new one. The current power supply I have is the Corsair CX750M semi-modular and it doesn't have the warranty anymore so I don't what to do. I'd prefer to video call on discord to show what happens or the current build I have it that changes anything. it has been running fine for a couple of months and then I started hearing the sound and now it doesn't even turn on. @me if you have a fix or want to call to see the problem.

Thank you

The power supply is the last thing you want to mess with, the only thing i dare touching is the fan.

It sounds as if your motherboard is grounded. Take it out, connect to power supply, turn it on. If the same thing happens it may be because that the psu or mobo is fried

4 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

The power supply is the last thing you want to mess with, the only thing i dare touching is the fan.

It sounds as if your motherboard is grounded. Take it out, connect to power supply, turn it on. If the same thing happens it may be because that the psu or mobo is fried

@MojangYang All the components work, I can sometimes turn my pc on so it cant be a fried component. I have tried taking everything apart and then rebuilding it but that hasn't worked/fixed it. it doesn't always happen.

Make sure there is no debris under the motherboard. Like MojangYang said it sound like it's grounded. Contact the the chassis will do this.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4