Ethernet

Hassan170

how do i set up an ethernet connection on my laptop?

i currently set it up using "services.msc" in cmd then changing wired config to manual then back to automatic but this has been a hit and miss for me (cuz i forget)

does any one have a better/simpler method?

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

Ethernet is plug and play, you shouldn't need to do anything assuming the network is operating properly and you have the correct cable.

If it's not working then something is wrong. Care to explain your symptoms.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

never mind i figured out the problem

i connected to the wrong box

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

i was trying to connect to the one without the antennas going on the logic that i may get faster internet but it wasn't connecting

Hence, this topic

1 hour ago, Hassan170 said:

i was trying to connect to the one without the antennas going on the logic that i may get faster internet but it wasn't connecting

Hence, this topic

The one without the antennas is the modem

On 6/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, Master Disaster said:

Ethernet is plug and play, you shouldn't need to do anything assuming the network is operating properly and you have the correct cable.

If it's not working then something is wrong. Care to explain your symptoms.

Ok the plug and play part works but what about my laptop's wireless connection?

Should I turn that off (as in would it have any effect on  internet speed on or off)