Kingston MobileLite Wireless Thread

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1f2MBwS

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1lc8

The MobileLite Wireless might not claim to have as many crazy-amazing features as other wireless streamers, but unlike the others it actually does what it says it does, and it does it well. You can use it as a USB card reader, use it as a wireless card or USB drive reader, you can use it as a wireless streamer, and you can (in a pinch) use it to top up the battery of your phone or other USB powered device, but it's only got an 1810mAh battery, so it's not the greatest thing in the world for that.

Overall I really like this device, and it definitely gets a "gold star of approval" from me. There are cheaper ones, but I feel like below this price point, you're probably getting what you pay for in terms of the app support...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBz_UC9Oi3s

Private :(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

That's weird. My uploads are usually automatically set to unlisted... Fixed now.

when is the enthoo primo coming?

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

What kind of Battery Life can we expect with such a device?

Great review by the way @LinusTech

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

hmm $81 postage from NCIX to Australia think I'll get it from amazon if i get it

This is exactly what I've been looking for, but I can't get it from Amazon and NCIX international shipping is ridiculous(Shipping a SSD is the same as MoBo+GTX780). 

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I was actually curious about getting one of these type of devices.. I watch an insane amount of anime, and my SD card on my Tablet/Phone is always full.. possible solution? Since it allows for using a different player, I don't suppose subtitles would be an issue, as my player supports it.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

Perhaps I missed it, but how long can you stream for?

1,810MaH is just an arbitrary figure to me, as I have no idea of it's rate of consumption. I assume the number of hours will reduce when streaming to multiple devices, but keen to know a ballpark figure. Would it be any good on a 10-11 hour flight, for example?

Cheers.

Very interested in this product as I have a few external hard drives that I use with a couple of laptops and a desktop, and have been looking for a way to make them wireless so I don't have to keep physically moving them from one to the other.

This seems like a cheap solution.

In theory, I would have MobileLite and my most frequently used desktop hard drive plugged in to a remote controlled mains socket, and connected via USB to each other. So as and when I need to, I can wirelessly connect to the hard drive from one, two, or all three of my computers.

Questions, that I don't know if anyone would have the answer to...

- Would I have to press the "On" button for the MobileLite each time I wanted to use it? Or could I leave it so when I remotely turn on mains power it comes on?

- Would it work ok with a 1tb desktop external drive?

- Any chance with a USB hub I could attach it to multiple external drives? All individually powered

- Is there an easier way of achieving what I want!!!??!!

Linus, at 2.57-2.58-ish in the video, you can see the names of the files on the storage device...You might want to have a look at the video. Having dvd screeners of movies not out yet doesnt seem to be a great idea

when is the enthoo primo coming?

This... has to be answered. Altough I would never buy the case myself. I want to see how awesome it is and how much drool will come off Linus, so I can consider myself to get the Luxe version later this year when I swap out cases. 

Linus, at 2.57-2.58-ish in the video, you can see the names of the files on the storage device...You might want to have a look at the video. Having dvd screeners of movies not out yet doesnt seem to be a great idea

Ow god good catch! So yes @LinusTech, how is Frozen? I want to watch it, it looks awesome! ^^ 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Hey! What's the amperage on that wall charger? An 5V 2.1A plug should be able to power that eh?

I thought you are not allowed to use a wireless connection on a plain..

Hey! What's the amperage on that wall charger? An 5V 2.1A plug should be able to power that eh?

You could charge a tablet with a 5V 0.3A, it will just charge slow..

What kind of Battery Life can we expect with such a device?

Great review by the way @LinusTech

I'm curious too about battery life... seems the kind of device i need to stream to multiple devices, if battery life sucks, i'd stick with my OTG adapter.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 MotherboardMSI 990FXA-GD80 V2  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2X4 GB) 1600mHz DDR3 GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 460 V2 1GB OC Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Storage: 250GB HDD Primary & 3TB HDD Secondary PSU: Thermaltake 550W

Display: Dell E2210H 1080P LCD Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Keyboard: Cheap Generic Keyboard Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium

Does anyone know if you have an SD card in it and a usb drive in it you can transfer files between the two?

ha a screener doesnt he realise its full hd has been fo a while :) 

linus has just pay for the licence up front to watch the flim :)

could you do a vid on  the seagate wireless plus

as I'm liking it abit more be good to compare size battery video streaming etc