Multi-Display Support

Slayed_Asian

Hey LTT Community, 

I have a work project that is soley on me as I am the IT Intern nerd for the summer. My project is to have content displayed onto 8 TVs that are placed on a wall in the fashion of 2 rows of 4.

The TVs are 1080p @60HZ. My initial idea is to have a single computer running Windows 10 with 2 GPUs, so it would ideally have 2 HDMI and 2 display ports per card, then I can route the cables accordingly per TV screen.

Now, this isn't exactly digital signage, but the content to be displayed is already available (web based from a dashboard), it just needs to be pushed onto a screen.

Would the setup that I have presented above work?

What GPUs do you all recommend I use? 

Does the cards need SLI or NVIDIA Link?

PLEASE let me know.

Thank you!!

DisplayPort 1.2 supports Multi Stream Transport (MST). This allows you to transport multiple signals over one cable/port, you just need a MST compatible splitter to connect the displays. DP 1.2s bandwidth allows for up to 4x 1080p 60Hz streams at the same time.

Your idea should also work fine. You don't need SLI.

My boring Github   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Okay, thank you for that response.

So, I would able to plug in two graphics card to a MOBO then correct video cabling for this to potentially work? Or really just the one GPU with the proper MST.. I see