Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unkindness

How Far Being A Nice Bloke Will Get You?

18 minutes ago, Infin1ty said:

You did the right thing, if you feel you didn't get rewarded for your honesty and good character just wait, the universe works in mysterious ways. Sometimes you'll get rewarded right away but sometimes you don't and thats okay. Just have to remember that good deeds are not always rewarded by those who did the good deed for/to, if you helped an elder cross the street they may not thank you, but next thing you know you're at a restaurant and the server brings you a dish for free that they made on accident. Be patient and hopeful, take care. 

Nice speech!

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The way to get the specs for my PC. go to the store. Buy some potatos. boil them and mash the. and stuff that in a focus g with a ssd.

8 hours ago, fasauceome said:

It's MSI, they haven't earned the good karma. Given experiences with MSI customer support, I'd have kept the cards as payback. Couldn't say the same for other AIBs though (except Asus)

I can say that EVGA's customer service has always be absolutely stellar for me. They replied to a request of mine at 9pm on a saturday night, 15 minutes after my original email.

Noctua as well. I emailed them asking where to buy replacement Intel mounting hardware for one of their dual tower coolers, they just asked for my address and sent me the hardware for free, with a tube of thermal paste.

I was switching from AMD to Intel, and had lost the original mounting hardware.

I like how a bunch of posts are "yeah I'll totally be a piece of garbo for $300" are y'all just kids who don't have real responsibility yet or what?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

As a firm believer in what comes around goes around - you did right.  

But if you would have kept them, I wouldn't judge you either - possession is 9/10ths the law and the arrived in your name at your house.  

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker, Corsair HX850 PSU, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiator, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Hannspree HF207 and Acer AL2016W monitors

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, M.2 Intel Wifi/Bluetooth

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 2gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro at the moment

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Yeaaaaah I'll be honest here... I would've kept quiet and kept the cards.

+1

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz

Asus Strix OC 1080Ti

ROG Maximus IX Hero

EVGA G2 850W

32GB DDR4 (16x2) @ 3000Mhz

X62 Kraken

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Windows 10 Pro x64

Phanteks Primo

You did the right thing but if i'm sincere, if it were me, i would've kept the cards.

Project Taiwan: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: 280mm Thermaltake Water 3.0 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 8gb Team T-Force Xtreem @3600mhz /// Chassis: InWin 805 (with MNPCtech handles) /// PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Gold 650W /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB /// OS: Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals: Mice: Glorious Model O, Logitech G305 /// Keyboard: Leopold FC900R (Cherry Pink), Logitech G613 (Romer G) /// Monitor: AOC Agon AG322FCX 32' (VA, 1080p @144hz) /// AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD /// DAC: Loxjie D10 (Red) /// Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 /// Mike: Superlux E205U /// Headphones: Sony MDR-XB920 & Koss Pro4AAA Titanium

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Hegel H90 /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Never ever in my life would I have returned it. These companies make millions and don´t care about lost 1000 € here and there.

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Never ever in my life would I have returned it. These companies make millions and don´t care about lost 1000 € here and there.

What about the reseller 

42 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I don't think so. I'm sure if he kept the cards and they found out some one would get a ass chewing.

Not really if you do not open it until a few weeks pass

42 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I don't think so. I'm sure if he kept the cards and they found out some one would get a ass chewing.

good point

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ah I suppose I was a little disappointed but over it now. Can see all sides to the story and maybe a grand is not alot to some, but to me it's a fortune so wouldn't like to be the guy who did that mistake.

CPU: Intel i-7 8086K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz Sniper X
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2060
Case: Fractual Design Define S
Storage: Intel 760p 265GB SSD x2
PSU: Aerocool Project 7 650W
Display: ASUS VG278QR
Cooling: Noctua D-15S

Sound: ASUS Strix Soar

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 6/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, mr moose said:

I get they can't always afford to send you something of excessive value, but sending obviously old stock that won't sell is a bit disrespectful, they should have at least given you a new mouse mat and mug or just something not obviously dead stock. 

I think that is was upset me the most to be honest

CPU: Intel i-7 8086K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz Sniper X
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2060
Case: Fractual Design Define S
Storage: Intel 760p 265GB SSD x2
PSU: Aerocool Project 7 650W
Display: ASUS VG278QR
Cooling: Noctua D-15S

Sound: ASUS Strix Soar