PS5 rumours through Gamespot

Ayush007

Yawns in PCMR...

Only reason for me to want the PS5 to get released already is so Rockstar finally releases the PC version of RDR2 which is only coming when they roll out the newer PS5 version of the game.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

The cross generation thing was pretty obvious with the patents that Sony has filed and makes sense since it's all AMD x86 hardware..

meh just get a controller for the pc and call it "the ultimate ps50 or xbox 50"

Doesn't fit Tech News format, moved to General Discussion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

45 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

4k at 120Hz seriously?

Support it as in it can display it. Doesn't mean games are running at 4k 120hz 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

So it basically has HDMI 2.1 just for shits and giggles?

Basically. It'll probably run something at 4k120. But like 4k60 on the PS4 Pro it's not going to be a real feature 

That's an F in the profile pic

Is Gamespot sponsoring you to post screenshots of their articles or something..??

Also, where can I send my application for Gamespot journalist too? I love taking a screenshot of an existing game, going into Photoshop and just adding some non-sense text over it.

Also.. Does the person who made this not realize how utterly useless the statement 'custom SSD' is? Isn't every electronics part 'custom' to a certain agree? It actually means nothing in this case. They would be better off listing an actual spec like its speeds. Oh wait, that would be difficult to do on something you made up.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Also.. Does the person who made this not realize how utterly useless the statement 'custom SSD' is? Isn't every electronics part 'custom' to a certain agree? It actually means nothing in this case. They would be better off listing an actual spec like its speeds. Oh wait, that would be difficult to do on something you made up

sonys "Custom ssd" was way faster from ps4 and pro loading times wich was impressive for me(Im running 10+year old stuff so it might not amaze you) but yeh they be better off showing specs 

4 minutes ago, nnfancois said:

sonys "Custom ssd" was way faster from ps4 and pro loading times wich was impressive for me(Im running 10+year old stuff so it might not amaze you) but yeh they be better off showing specs 

The PS4 Pro.. Uses a 5400RPM 2,5" HDD... The next gen Playstation ('PS5') with it's 'custom SSD' better be faster than that.

If they are using an NVME SSD and you compare that to a spinning 5400RPM 2,5" drive I would expect that sort of speeds too. But to me "NVME SSD" sounds more impressive than "custom SSD" which means next to nothing. The WD Green SSD's with no cache are custom made (for mass production), that is not the same as the equally custom made WD Black SSD's..

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

In all honesty, ANY SSD used in a console (even if only SATA spec'd) would boost them considerably.

Pretty cool but I won’t be an early adopter unless a launch game will be something from FromSoftware.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

Is Gamespot sponsoring you to post screenshots of their articles or something..??

Also, where can I send my application for Gamespot journalist too? I love taking a screenshot of an existing game, going into Photoshop and just adding some non-sense text over it.

Also.. Does the person who made this not realize how utterly useless the statement 'custom SSD' is? Isn't every electronics part 'custom' to a certain agree? It actually means nothing in this case. They would be better off listing an actual spec like its speeds. Oh wait, that would be difficult to do on something you made up.

Dear Minibios,

just saw ur PC rig and your PC rig is quite decent and cool ? 

Well now look , I thought otherwise I may be wrong and usually I’m but if I’m wrong, I just want to know the right facts

i don’t blame you for what you feel regarding this post , if I’m at ur place , I  Also feel the same. 

I just want  to share some rumours , However I know this news can’t be 100% correct 

just wanna discuss this tech news with experts like you?????

your cordially 

Ayush

10 hours ago, Minibois said:

Welcome to Marketing 101. Try getting every car manufacturer to not say stuff like "Exhilarating performance", "Connected drive", "Exquisite craftsmanship", or "Unrivaled luxury" in their teasers.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

HDMI 2.1 is what I'm eying.  It better the hell support VRR since the new LG OLEDs have that now.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

12 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Dear Minibios,

just saw ur PC rig and your PC rig is quite decent and cool ? 

Well now look , I thought otherwise I may be wrong and usually I’m but if I’m wrong, I just want to know the right facts

i don’t blame you for what you feel regarding this post , if I’m at ur place , I  Also feel the same. 

I just want  to share some rumours , However I know this news can’t be 100% correct 

just wanna discuss this tech news with experts like you?????

your cordially 

Ayush

Keep in mind I am not complaining about you personally, just the way you convey the news (news through huge screenshots is about the worst way to get info IMO).

I am complaining about the sort of news Gamespot is showing, as it is kind of meaningless..

4 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Welcome to Marketing 101. Try getting every car manufacturer to not say stuff like "Exhilarating performance", "Connected drive", "Exquisite craftsmanship", or "Unrivaled luxury" in their teasers.

I'm just sort of annoyed that people eat up all this 'information'  : /

It's not misinformation... But it's rather just... Empty.

P.S. I am still annoyed with the current consoles and their lack of native backward compatibility. I understand why we don't have that and understand their ways to try and get it back (other than the Xbox backwards compatibility, it's mainly just by having us buy the game again), but that just annoys me.