Darksiders, Red Faction And The Remaining Thq Ip-leftovers Raise Nearly $7 Million At Auction

Jozi

Many rumors and reports have been circulating about potential bidders and desired titles, including Crytek’s interest on Darksiders, TeamPixel’s Kickstarter drive for Homeworld IP, Double Fine’s desire to reclaim Costume Quest and Stacking and various other properties. Nothing is set on stone yet, though, and the final act will be played in court.

According to court documents, the auctioned IPs were arranged into six separate lots and seventeen bids were made. The first four lots included the rights to popular AAA titles, like Darksiders, Red Faction, the MX series and the older Homeworld.

darksiders_wallpaper_1.jpg.jpeg

Smaller titles, like de Blob, Destroy all Humans! and Full Spectrum Warrior series were placed on the fifth lot, while the sixth lot contained thirty-six licenses in an economy pack, that reportedly annoyed many developers wishing to purchase individual titles.

Source: Digital Trends, KCC court documents

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I hope Red Faction goes back to it's roots if its ever heard from again. There is basically only one good game in the series, the first one. Red Faction 2 was lolbad and Guerilla (and successors) were just off on tangents of tangents and not even close to interesting.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.