Glorious Model O not responsive after paracording

lazygood4notin

Just tried paracording my Model O with a paracord I got from Paracablemods and after I was done I plugged the mouse in my pc detected it, the rgb lights lit up but there was no response from the mouse. The clicks and sensor did not work so I made sure it was plugged in all the way and still nothing. I replugged in the original cable and it worked just fine. Could I have gotten a faulty cable or something? I've paracorded other mice in the past so I know how to be careful and this was no different.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:31 AM, lazygood4notin said:

Just tried paracording my Model O with a paracord I got from Paracablemods and after I was done I plugged the mouse in my pc detected it, the rgb lights lit up but there was no response from the mouse. The clicks and sensor did not work so I made sure it was plugged in all the way and still nothing. I replugged in the original cable and it worked just fine. Could I have gotten a faulty cable or something? I've paracorded other mice in the past so I know how to be careful and this was no different.

Compatibility issues? Well once again, I don’t know much. Just try to refund it. Also the cable that comes with it is really good.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, FsyNorth said:

Compatibility issues? Well once again, I don’t know much. Just try to refund it. Also the cable that comes with it is really good.

I contacted their customer support and they're going to send me a new one. While I think the stock cable is very good I wanted to paracord it more for aesthetic purposes to match my setup a little more. So hopefully the new one they send me works. Now the only thing is is ever since I disassembled/reassembled it I feel like the clicks feels a tad different... Could just be me but I feel the mouse buttons a little shakier and the clicks feel a little mushier than how I thought they used to feel I guess I can say... Could just be my imagination and this is how it always felt though

• 3 months later...

Hi, sorry for necroing.

A common problem for Paracords is the order of the cables in the conector. If the Paracord you bought isn't made for the model o, there's a chance the small colored cables in the conector aren't in the same order they are in the original cable. 

Since your mouse partially works, it seems to be the case.