CapFrameX - New Frametime-Analysis Tool for most common APIs (Windows)

nitromaster

The guys at Computerbase.de - a German Tech-News-Website startet a series of benchmarks with their users, to get a bigger picture of the performance of new games on multiple systems.

To get the results as easy as possible, they used OCAT with CapFrameX - a project from a Computerbase Forum-User. 

The newest version does not require OCAT anymore. It is open-source and maybe worth a look. 

News about the tool on computerbase: https://www.computerbase.de/2019-06/capframex-benchmark-tool/ (GERMAN!)

Project on GitHub: https://github.com/DevTechProfile/CapFrameX (english)

"CapFrameX is a small tool for recording and analyzing GPU and CPU Benchmarks.You can also evaluate Benchmarks recorded with OCAT. CapFrameX is Open Source.

Capturing is only available with windows 10 and is based on PresentMon. Analyzing OCAT Recordings works with windows 7 and 8.1 as well. 
Performance-Parameter like Average, Stuttering und Perzentile of FPS and Frametimes can be calculated by one-click. Frametime-Graphen und Quantil-Curves(L-Shapes) can be shown for every Recording separately or can be compared."

Sorry for my bad translation, but i hope you get the point :D

Greetings from Germany!

PS: I'm not related to Computerbase or CapFrameX - just a German LTT fan, that thought this tool could be useful =)

This actually seems awesome.  Currently looking into if it'll make our workflow easier (currently use OCAT and an excel sheet to calculate frametimes)

The developers are very active at computerbase, the whole community is helping with testing and feedback. So if you have any suggestions just contact them via github.

16 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

This actually seems awesome.  Currently looking into if it'll make our workflow easier (currently use OCAT and an excel sheet to calculate frametimes)

Wut? FLAT have been available for like 2-3 years, surprise you guys didn't use it. 
https://www.gpureport.cz/Windows/FLAT/flat.aspx

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 hours ago, ZeroStrat said:

Hi!

I'am the developer of CapFrameX. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. ^^

Greetings from Germany

Awesome!  My only question so far is can the parameter be changed that it displays?  We currently calculate the 97th percentile but I can't figure out how to calculate that using CapFrameX

27 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We currently calculate the 97th percentile but I can't figure out how to calculate that using CapFrameX

Yes it's been calculated, navigate to Single Record -> L-shape. There're much more quantiles. You can also right click on the chart and then copy all values to the clipboard.

As a professional tester you are we would like to get your feedback... ^^

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, ZeroStrat said:

Release 1.2.3 now available: https://github.com/DevTechProfile/CapFrameX/releases/tag/v1.2.3

New features

• Editable game name
  • More system infos
  • Record files with info header
  • Sound feedback volume controller
  • PresentMon record file analysis, fully compatible

Bugfixes

• Crash when entering invalid hotkey

It opened thousands PresentMon windows when i ran it. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

12 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

It opened thousands PresentMon windows when i ran it. ?

You must start CapFrameX with admin rights.

50 minutes ago, ZeroStrat said:

You must start CapFrameX with admin rights.

I did, and same thing happened if i directly open PresentMon64-1.4.0.exe with admin rights. 

::edit::

Yeah i just downloaded latest PresentMon and i get same issue if run it directly, maybe it just my PC.

No such problem with PresentMon 1.3.1 though.

Oh, ok. Thanks for this info!

@all: I'm sorry, but there was a bug in the latest installer. I uploaded a new installer with a bugfix. Just uninstall the old version and reinstall the new one.

• 5 months later...

We've released a new version yesterday. A lot has changed since the last post here.We have almost redesigned everything.

Download v1.3.1: https://github.com/DevTechProfile/CapFrameX/releases/tag/v1.3.1

One of the next big development steps will be the RTSS client implementation for realtime overlay monitoring.

You can follow us on Twitter to get update infos: https://twitter.com/CapFrameX