Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael Black

Thermaltake Versa H17

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all. So I’m looking for some small case for my build ( i5 2400, HD 7770 ) which I can hide behind TV, currently I own NZXT Phantom 240 which is way too big for me and taking too much space. I was thinking about Thermaltake Versa H17 , it’s small, cheap and supports 140mm fans (have few of them laying around), but the airflow seems a bit restricted , did anyone here own this case and can tell me anything about it?? Thx

18 hours ago, Michael Black said:

did anyone here own this case and can tell me anything about it?? Thx

I used the H18 in Blue Build 2018 (signature) and the airflow was excellent. The case isnt exactly what I would consider "tiny" but its definitely a lot smaller than the Phantom 240

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

Posted · Original PosterOP

H18 have mesh front panel but H17 have mostly covered panel with small holes on the sides that is why I was wondering about airflow on that case. 

22439600-EA82-405E-9CDA-B21925E0AF88.jpeg

1 hour ago, Michael Black said:

H18 have mesh front panel but H17 have mostly covered panel with small holes on the sides that is why I was wondering about airflow on that case. 

-SNIP-

For an i5 2400 and an HD7770, it shouldnt be absolutely terrible to keep from thermal throttling, especially if your 140mm fans are static pressure optimized. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7