I want my PC to start itself at 4am every couple days and update games for me, is this possible?

sonderr

Basically title, but I'd like my PC to start itself at an ungodly hour in the morning and start steam and origin and epic and all that shit and then just let my games update themselves, and then i guess turn itself off at like noon-ish if I don't turn it off manually or start using it.

I don't know anything ab this level of like windows shit, the most big brain thing I can do is win+r and %appdata% or whatever for configs.

Is there any way to do something like this?

There may be some motherboards that have this kind of functionality, but I've not seen it myself.

Best solution I could think of is getting something like a Christmas light timer that turns off/on at certain times. Set it to turn on at 4am, and set your PC to turn on after AC Power Loss (BIOS setting). Should boot right into Windows and get your shit going.

If you have an account password you can type 'netplwiz' in the start menu and setup auto login from there. Then in task scheduler, set up an 'On Idle' task that activates at noon and shuts down your rig once activated. Should do the trick.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

You can usually set a power-on timer in UEFI/BIOS. You can also create a task in Windows to do it for you, but the computer has to have been put to sleep first (https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wake-up-computer-from-sleep-windows). Then you can have Windows go to sleep after no user activity for something like 5 hours. If this is from a shut down state, you'll have to have Windows automatically log into your account and have your apps on auto launch.

You could build a small machine that presses your PC power button but then you can’t have a password.

I believe some motherboards can do this over ethernet but you'd need a server/host computer running to send the command.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

45 minutes ago, sonderr said:

Basically title, but I'd like my PC to start itself at an ungodly hour in the morning and start steam and origin and epic and all that shit and then just let my games update themselves, and then i guess turn itself off at like noon-ish if I don't turn it off manually or start using it.

I don't know anything ab this level of like windows shit, the most big brain thing I can do is win+r and %appdata% or whatever for configs.

Is there any way to do something like this?

Here you go, read up on this.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

You can do it different way. Use WoLT application on your smartphone. It wakes on line computer on specific time. You should serup WoL on computer then setup application on your smartphone that works in background. And because almost all motherboards have possibility to wake from power down, you have your solution. In case any problems with configure it - ask.