Uphere 123 Fan pinout

PanteraGuk

So I want to add some ARGB to a budget-ish build.  It’s more of a “test and improve my modding skills” build I guess.

In the past I’ve used 3rd party ARGB devices (Lian Li Strimmer) with a Corsair node pro using an adapter I found an adapter for it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376?hash=item56bc07fc30:g:y2EAAOSwBfhcBCJp

So I’m working with the uphere 123 ARGB fan 5 pack. The hub it comes with has 10 outs and I’m using 5 for the fans. I want to use the other 5 outs for some other ARGB strips but I can’t find the pinout for the fans/hub. Was hoping someone has it. 

Cheers! 

24 minutes ago, PanteraGuk said:

So I want to add some ARGB to a budget-ish build.  It’s more of a “test and improve my modding skills” build I guess.

In the past I’ve used 3rd party ARGB devices (Lian Li Strimmer) with a Corsair node pro using an adapter I found an adapter for it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376?hash=item56bc07fc30:g:y2EAAOSwBfhcBCJp

So I’m working with the uphere 123 ARGB fan 5 pack. The hub it comes with has 10 outs and I’m using 5 for the fans. I want to use the other 5 outs for some other ARGB strips but I can’t find the pinout for the fans/hub. Was hoping someone has it. 

Cheers! 

That adapter is suppose to let you use third party lighting options, as for pinout it should all be standard ARGB, 5V, ground, and DIN(data). Do you have a photo of the cable for the hub it should be standard 3 pin ARGB. 

Related image

3 hours ago, W-L said:

That adapter is suppose to let you use third party lighting options, as for pinout it should all be standard ARGB, 5V, ground, and DIN(data). Do you have a photo of the cable for the hub it should be standard 3 pin ARGB. 

Related image

I wish it was that easy. The uphere fans have only a 6 pin connector that needs to plug into their included hub to work for lighting and power. There’s no speed adjustment on the fans so not sure why it’d need 6 wires (if you think 2 for power and 3 for ARGB). I’m trying to figure out which of those 6 pins I can rig to run a few ARGB strips. 

AF152AFA-CB7A-47CB-A789-794BC287B80D.jpeg

24 minutes ago, PanteraGuk said:

I wish it was that easy. The uphere fans have only a 6 pin connector that needs to plug into their included hub to work for lighting and power. There’s no speed adjustment on the fans so not sure why it’d need 6 wires (if you think 2 for power and 3 for ARGB). I’m trying to figure out which of those 6 pins I can rig to run a few ARGB strips. 

Alright I see in those kind of fan hubs what they've done is include both the fan control and RGB into one connector. What you'll find is 3 of those pins are for the fan, power, ground, and RPM signal back. The other three are your ARGB lighting as mentioned earlier. Your best option would be to look on the fan side and carefully take inspect and take apart the fan to fin what goes where. Once you have the three connections that should be relatively easy to then figure out what is what for the ARGB lights. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Alright I see in those kind of fan hubs what they've done is include both the fan control and RGB into one connector. What you'll find is 3 of those pins are for the fan, power, ground, and RPM signal back. The other three are your ARGB lighting as mentioned earlier. Your best option would be to look on the fan side and carefully take inspect and take apart the fan to fin what goes where. Once you have the three connections that should be relatively easy to then figure out what is what for the ARGB lights. 

So apparently Coolman fans use the same 6 pin... and I found this .. hard to make out but I see

Out  /  +   /  something / -  /  -  /  +FDD5820D-4807-4823-AC67-1210A35CB855.jpeg.f6827de076cb08ed13bce92f318fd2a4.jpegCB5F9B10-1CC3-4BF0-A386-FD4D014AED08.jpeg.892bb0537d2c471a83d34dce95e93aff.jpeg

7 minutes ago, PanteraGuk said:

So apparently Coolman fans use the same 6 pin... and I found this .. hard to make out but I see

Out  /  +   /  something / -  /  -  /  +

My best guess without looking at the fan side would be that the right side 3 pins are for the fan power, with it being just a controller there is no actual RPM line back. The left 3 pins should be for the ARGB control. 

Looking at the fan should be able to help us determine which legs go to the lighting and fans. 

Ok so once I get the pinout (no I haven’t done it yet) I will need some of these 6 pin connectors. Does anyone know what these are? Looks like a JST connector. 

B901D323-7FE3-44A0-8566-94A2D2B842CC.jpeg

34 minutes ago, PanteraGuk said:

Ok so once I get the pinout (no I haven’t done it yet) I will need some of these 6 pin connectors. Does anyone know what these are? Looks like a JST connector. 

Yes those are JST connectors, all you will need to do in your situation is to install the 6 pin JST connectors, using only 3 opf the 6 pins onto the LED strip and connect them onto your fan hub given that the pinout is correct. 

3 pins will not work on 6 pins since they are keyed, at least without modification. 

On 6/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, W-L said:

Yes those are JST connectors, all you will need to do in your situation is to install the 6 pin JST connectors, using only 3 opf the 6 pins onto the LED strip and connect them onto your fan hub given that the pinout is correct. 

3 pins will not work on 6 pins since they are keyed, at least without modification. 

Yup not all JSTs are alike. (Stupid spacing) luckily the 3 pin ones I ordered work with my ARGB strips. I got some 6 pin JST PH ones on the way with the right spacing ... I hope. 

• 8 months later...

@PanteraGuk @W-L

I know this is an older post, but I'm thinking about getting these fans. I'd like to remove wires from the 6 pin JST, pop them into a normal 3 pin fan connector and run them through the fan controller in my case to adjust voltage/speed seperate from the lights. Can you confirm those 3 pins on the right power the fan motor?

attaching a probe to the + and _ of the sata or molex should tell you latest were thows pins are i would think.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

18 hours ago, dahyippur said:

@PanteraGuk @W-L

I know this is an older post, but I'm thinking about getting these fans. I'd like to remove wires from the 6 pin JST, pop them into a normal 3 pin fan connector and run them through the fan controller in my case to adjust voltage/speed seperate from the lights. Can you confirm those 3 pins on the right power the fan motor?

As said you will need to determine which pins are exactly the + and - for the fan motor  and RPM but yes that can be doable. Just note you will need to convert the JSt to regular 3 pin fan connections for it to work on a regular motherboard either by making adapters or cutting and crimping fan terminals. 

Someone in the anandtech thread linked earlier opened a similar Aigo fan and seems to think the pins are:

(4 for LED) +, Din, GND, Dout

(2 for Fan) +, GND

Hopefully just testing and connecting the 2 fan wires to my controller will work out

7 hours ago, W-L said:

convert the JSt to regular 3 pin fan connections

I'm not sure if those JST pins will pop out and snap into a standard fan connector without fiddling around, but I will have to find out

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:49 AM, W-L said:

My best guess without looking at the fan side would be that the right side 3 pins are for the fan power, with it being just a controller there is no actual RPM line back. The left 3 pins should be for the ARGB control. 

Looking at the fan should be able to help us determine which legs go to the lighting and fans. 

If you open the CO trol box (which I have) the pinout is labelled on the board. On my picture left to right 12v fan, f (fan ground) and gnd (f and gnd are tied together so I assume gnd is the rpm sense but I have not tested it yet) then data in, 5v and data out for you rgb. The sata power on the left of picture from top to bottom is 5v, gnd, gnd, 12v

15841173774605572259412768296359.jpg

Also the com1 and com2 on the right can be for led strips (which are an option on other similar models) iv checked with the meter and in is data in so 5v 3pin rgb output

i found this don't no if it will help

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

IMG_20200315_194651.thumb.jpg.bc6ef839c71c865fdf62260b5ad45a7d.jpgi soldered some wires onto com1 and com2 (as pin spacing is not normal pitch) and now this board has led strip outputs

IMG_20200315_194719.jpg

7 hours ago, DonLabs said:

IMG_20200315_194651.thumb.jpg.bc6ef839c71c865fdf62260b5ad45a7d.jpgi soldered some wires onto com1 and com2 (as pin spacing is not normal pitch) and now this board has led strip outputs

IMG_20200315_194719.jpg

well that one way of doing it haha nice.

• 2 years later...

I have the Uphere controller and fans and can confirm the pin out:   Out, 5V, In, Neg, Neg, 12V. The fan wiring does actually have 2 of the wires marked with a light stripe, they are 1 and 3 as I recall. Hard to see but get out a magnifying glass and it becomes obvious. Only reason I know why is that I have 13 of these running from a 10 port hub so I had to group a few of the fans together to keep them in sync.