F@H and BOINC Badge Request Thread [Last Update: 2024-MAR-21]

Message added by TVwazhere

Note that for F@H and BOINC, the points that you've earned must be for the LTT team. For example: If you have 20 million points for the default F@H team and 5 million points for LTT, we cannot award you a Bronze Contributor badge. Additionally, badges supersede each other meaning when you hit 25 million points, your Contributor Badge becomes a Bronze Badge, you only get one and they do not stack on your profile. Badges for different disciplines such as Folding, BOINC, and Event participations will show your highest rank in each category. 

Posts requesting badges will be hidden when the badge is assigned. Check your profile to see if you have the badge before reposting. 

32 minutes ago, Spotty said:

@Rocket25 Woops! He must've missed the BOINC badge. I've added it now :)
The F@H Event badges get handed out automatically* after the yearly folding events. If you participated in the previous yearly events you would have already received the badge. If you folded in the recent COVID-19 event then that isn't going
give a badge unfortunately. It's usually only the big once a year month long contests we do that give the badges and then there's often another "sprint" we normally do around this time of the year that lasts a week or two that doesn't give the badges.

-snip-

(*Not automatic, but we go through the list of everyone who was registered and verify if they've met the requirements and hand out the badges without people needing to request them, so it could take a few days/weeks until we have time to sit down and do it)

Thank you !!! My bad for not reading this !

🇨🇦 Full Time Firefighter, Part Time Gamer, Part Time Jeeper 🇨🇦

My F@H Stats My BOINC Stats

⚠️ Disclaimer : If I sound like a 3 years old boy, it's mainly because english is my secondary language ! Thank you for your understanding ⚠️

Gaming Rig

Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO | Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz @4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 70.69 CFM | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000

Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold | Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Asus ROG SWIFT 27'' 2560x1440 @144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE | Razer DeathAdder | Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum 7.1

Laptop

MacBook Pro 16'' | 2.6 GHz 6 Core | 512 GB SSD | AMD Radeon 5300M

6 hours ago, efka112 said:

then moderators does some manual work

*Secret footage of a moderator, do not distribute*

Cat Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

53 minutes ago, JoshuaLynes said:

I believe that I get Event Newbie badge for participating in COVID-19 folding event

Negative, no event badges are being awarded for the Covid Event.

This event will NOT be eligible for F@H event badges.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 4/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, Ithanul said:

BOINC will move all points to a new team.  About the only way I know to track points separate is to have a separate BOINC account for a team.

The point deal is also a know issue that occurs during the BOINC Pent as some folks will team hop on occasions and that causes a bit of issues while tracking points.

Indeed, I`m a BOINC user since 2009 when I started with seti@home but didn´t pay too much attemtion to teams stats until recent times, was in a team but not paying too much attention.

Between Seti@home ending and F@H and the lockdown, was a good moment to recheck all that  and since last week I changed already 4 projects to LTT (Rosetta@home, WUProp@home (funny... I´m ranked 1 there in LTT lol),. Moo! Wrapper (number 4 in rank XD ) and now Einstein@home and this last one is the only one so far with a page what actually tracks when you joined a team... (this set of 4 is running 24/7 in the only computer what I have for the moment what can run F@H and BOINC at the same time without frying)

I think what I already have more of 25k points on Moo! Wrapper since changing teams in April 11, since I was having 20.259.435 points on April 12 when I saved a screenshoot vs 20.285.771 today but.... maybe I should wait a bit more to ask for badges. In any case of fun to lear more about these things :)

P.D.: Using HugoADL as user in 3, my full name in the rest of the projects)

imagen.png.cf12b2ede4a259ec5148bae52663a4e2.png

imagen.thumb.png.f6130d95d10b6875553e2ff8c1505a45.png

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Macaw2000 said:

Seeking platinum badge

I couldnt think of a cool meme so here's some actual platinum. 

Platinum Bullion | Ronald Le Bas

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, GrockleTD said:
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.89e6098f91ce41d7b4ff39b283f4b33e.png

:pogey: 

When you provide a screenshot of points without a name:

GIF blake pls spongebob squarepants season 3 - animated GIF on GIFER

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, FloGer said:

Do you keep track of our progression, or should I post again when I believe to qualify for the next badge?

The badge update is done manually, and we do not actively monitor badge stats, so please request a badge when you hit the next Milestone :) 

Also: Please enlighten me on whatever the hell THIS hideous thing is...
image.png.5aa127606879f58d53e6b2c5b4ff4c9f.png

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??????? Did you get your own badge or something?

10 hours ago, ZombieStew said:

I believe I have contributed the requisite points to qualify for the Platinum Contributor badge. Thank you. 

pngguru_com.png.b0315e78d45a9794fd10d3f628f58ee3.png

10 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

My suggestion got hidden because I also had badge request in it, but I really think the Contributor badge requirements should be lowered, or the Bronze badge requirements should be increased. It's near impossible to do 22 WU's and not have 1 million points, or at least just under.

10 hours ago, PAPO1990 said:

Yeah, 1M points is pretty easy, it only took my like 2 days, and that was just folding overnight. Maybe 5M for Bronze would be good. Means I probably won't be eligible for my Bronze badge for another day or 2, but that's fine by me.

The requirements for the contributor badge will be left as they are for now.

Other than the fact that the badge ranks have been in pace since (... 2014?) when it was more difficult to obtain points per WU,  there are still plenty of users folding on old hardware who only have 21 WU's but well under 100k points. (I just gave one of those Contributor badges today as a matter of fact.) Additionally, we'd have to revoke or regress Current Bronze users who dont meet the 5M point threshold to be fair, and that's a lot of manual keystrokes and unfair to those who earned it before this proposed changed.

Fair enough. I mean, it's not like the badges really matter. Sure recognition is nice, but it's the work itself that counts... and keeping my room warm :P Also I heard you guys give out prizes sometimes so I figured I'd change teams :P 

I mean the team I was folding for has been long dead, I just stayed out of nostalgia, but with my GPU upgrade I thought now was as good a time as any to join a not dead team, last time I looked at joining for teh prizes I wasn't likely to get enough points in time, so now I'm ready for next time :P 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

there are still plenty of users folding on old hardware who only have 21 WU's but well under 100k points.

I didn't realize it assigned different work loads based on your hardware. I thought it would be the same no matter what you have, it would just take longer.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

46 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I didn't realize it assigned different work loads based on your hardware. I thought it would be the same no matter what you have, it would just take longer.

Well there's also the bonus points for completing work quickly (assuming you are verified for that). For example, a 780 point CPU WU, I'll complete in time to get over 5400 points. Some GPU WU's I can get 170,000 points for on completion.

31 minutes ago, Xoggy said:

Hello!
I would like to upgrade to a Platinum Contributor Badge please!

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=814173

Platinum GIFs | Tenor

On 5/17/2020 at 2:49 AM, Anxious Hairball said:

I have some questions regarding badges. To earn the first badge "contributor" it says that I have to complete 21 WUs, and to earn the next I have to contribute more than 1 million points. I have completed only 15 WUs as of now. However, my points are over a million. Do we get badges in an order or can I get the "Bronze" before getting "contributor"? I'm sorry if I misunderstood something, as I said I'm completely new to the folding at home thing.

Thanks in advance. 

In the Rare instance a user produces 1 million points before 21 WU's (which as the time these milestones were put in place was unfathomable) we will award the Bronze badge. 

19 hours ago, Gleep said:

Just hit 500M 

Me (URF) giving you (Pantheon) a High five for Rising to Platinum Points

11 hours ago, RollinLower said:

you crazy son of a bitch you did it Blank Template - Imgflip

On 5/12/2020 at 4:39 PM, TVwazhere said:

Also: Please enlighten me on whatever the hell THIS hideous thing is...
image.png.5aa127606879f58d53e6b2c5b4ff4c9f.png

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??????? Did you get your own badge or something?

Great question, I needed to look it up in my profile. Found the answer in my forum inbox. This dates back to February 2015, when I had paypal issues related to the "Bronze Contribution". Somehow Luke got involved, we resolved it and I got a custom badge. No idea who designed it.

Edited by FloGer
Quick clarification

2 hours ago, FloGer said:

Great question, I needed to look it up in my profile. Found the answer in my forum inbox. This dates back to February 2015, when I had paypal issues related to the "Bronze Contribution". Somehow Luke got involved, we resolved it and I got a custom badge. No idea who designed it.

That is super cool. Weirdly, I'm still able to award that badge like any other badge, but as far as I'm aware you're the only one that has yours.

image.png.68c935a3217f2a99a7c4d6a41be7728c.png

Also I take it back yours is a work of art compared to some of these

2 hours ago, FloGer said:

Lol, reminds me of the almost monthly issue I had with my paypal payment that lasted about 6 months or so. Lol, I felt really bad for @colonel_mortis but he did his best to resolve the issue, then I became a mod some time later. I think there was a short lived joke that I made a mod just so I didn't have to continue having the issue and pestering Mortis every month.Lol.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Lol, reminds me of the almost monthly issue I had with my paypal payment that lasted about 6 months or so. Lol, I felt really bad for @colonel_mortis but he did his best to resolve the issue, then I became a mod some time later. I think there was a short lived joke that I made a mod just so I didn't have to continue having the issue and pestering Mortis every month.Lol.

On the plus side, at least a few other people are having a similar issue now, and we're still not very close to finding the solution. Oh wait...

HTTP/2 203

On 5/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, LAR_Systems said:

My toasty office has confirmed I hit Diamond level today, please have a look when you have a chance.
Thanks.  https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=833561

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3fd330f0f430f2736cd72c752fd1d542.png

you managed to get the same amount of points in just a few months what took me almost 6 years.

kudos!

5 hours ago, RollinLower said:

you managed to get the same amount of points in just a few months what took me almost 6 years.

kudos!

Between Core 22 and RTX cards I'm practically cheating compared to you doing this for 6 Years.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Macaw2000 said:

You Are My Diamond in the Rough- Free Printable (With images) | Rough  diamond, Diamond quotes, Gift from heaven

Congrats sir!

2 minutes ago, SteamBakedPotato said:

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/72792433

Seeking the Silver F@H Badge

:)

Bronze = 1mil

Silver = 25mil 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Bronze = 1mil

Silver = 25mil 

My apologies, I thought Silver was 5 Million. I will be back soon!

| 1440P 144hz 27" | RX 480 | i5-7400 | 8Gb DDR4 2666mhz | Audiotechnica ATH-AD700X |

Open Source > Ajar Source > Closed Source